Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croteam Reiterates Vulkan Intentions, Shows Off Screenshot

Phoronix: Croteam Reiterates Vulkan Intentions, Shows Off Screenshot

A few days back was the news about Croteam's intentions for supporting the Vulkan graphics API. They confirmed they intend to support Vulkan for Serious Sam 4 and will also be supporting it with their Talos Principle game. Today they confirmed this information again...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...kan-Screenshot

5 minutes? That sounds mighty impressive. So it seems that as long as the engine supports Vulkan it's pretty easy, as a game dev, to make your game work with it.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      5 minutes? That sounds mighty impressive. So it seems that as long as the engine supports Vulkan it's pretty easy, as a game dev, to make your game work with it.
      Yeah, 5 minutes, maybe they reused some of the ps4 code. Anyway I didn't know it was available on linux.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post

Yeah, 5 minutes, maybe they reused some of the ps4 code. Anyway I didn't know it was available on linux.
        dudes, really? U do see the pun don't you?

Comment

+1 for the Vulkan-rendered screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            5 minutes to add the logo in game (or maybe a monster with the logo) is what I took from the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
              dudes, really? U do see the pun don't you?
              Ah, Ok.... Now I do thanks

Comment

Trekkie humor.

Comment

I really hope Michael didn't actually think that was a Vulkan screenshot :P

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                    I really hope Michael didn't actually think that was a Vulkan screenshot :P
                    Explain? Do you suspect that it was rendered using OpenGL? I took it from the article that it was rendered using Vulkan. Is that wrong?

Comment

Working...
                    X