Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With Memory Management On Vulkan

Phoronix: Dealing With Memory Management On Vulkan

Recently a NVIDIA engineer blogged about shader resource binding with Vulkan. The latest NVIDIA blog post about this next-gen graphics API is on memory management...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Urgh, memory management is the thing I feel most intimidated by in programming. Not graphical code, not threading, not 64-bit, but memory management!

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Urgh, memory management is the thing I feel most intimidated by in programming. Not graphical code, not threading, not 64-bit, but memory management!
      Concurrency is much more difficult to deal with, it's just that memory management has to be dealt with everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        I really like that I can actively allocate and manage my stuff under Vulkan though. Much better than the close-to-black box that OpenGL buffer management was, where you have to rely on hacks like orphaning to explicitly break dependencies.

Comment

Working...
        X