Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Blogs About The Beauty Of Vulkan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    @fhuberts

    Maybe they just reused their current GLSL implemention in a more creative way.
    Last edited by Kano; 15 January 2016, 10:25 AM.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Michael View Post

      Don't count on it.

      Then why did they say that "...the release of Vulkan 1.0 is imminent!" and "the release of Vulkan 1.0 is near!"
      https://www.khronos.org/vulkan

      imminent for me means 2-3 full weeks of work (without the New Years and Christmas holidays). Not 3-4 months.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by blackout23 View Post


        Then why did they say that "...the release of Vulkan 1.0 is imminent!" and "the release of Vulkan 1.0 is near!"
        https://www.khronos.org/vulkan

        imminent for me means 2-3 full weeks of work (without the New Years and Christmas holidays). Not 3-4 months.

        Because it doesn't matter much.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by chuckula View Post


          Yeah, so Nvidia shouldn't be allowed to make contributions to an open standard. That sounds really innovative. I'm sure you would say the exact same thing about AMD, and that you had zero problems when AMD came out with Mantle, which was 100% proprietary and only ever ran on Windows.
          Look AMD screwed up Mantle, everyone knows this. But it's not about pointing fingers, it's about seeing for what this "feature" really is. Another proprietary feature on top of something that is going to be opened (Vulkan).

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by blackout23 View Post


            Then why did they say that "...the release of Vulkan 1.0 is imminent!" and "the release of Vulkan 1.0 is near!"
            https://www.khronos.org/vulkan

            imminent for me means 2-3 full weeks of work (without the New Years and Christmas holidays). Not 3-4 months.
            Ya i was expecting it to come out by end January or at least early February because until the last few weeks khronos had been sticking to their guns about a 2015 release

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by chuckula View Post
              Yeah, so Nvidia shouldn't be allowed to make contributions to an open standard. That sounds really innovative. I'm sure you would say the exact same thing about AMD, and that you had zero problems when AMD came out with Mantle, which was 100% proprietary and only ever ran on Windows.
              I'm sorry, did you not take your crazy pills this morning? First off, NVidia's "contributions" to the open standard are an amazingly obvious ploy to get developers to develop specifically for NVidia GPUs when Vulkan comes out since AMD will have to take time to "catch up", so to speak, with NVidia's tricks.

              Second, how are Mantle and NVidia having extension to an API that's not release yet even remotely similar? Mantle was designed to push the industry forward, and while it didn't gain traction (and was planned to be open-source), it was completely given to Khronos and now most of Vulkan is ripped straight from the pages of Mantle. Vulkan wouldn't even be REMOTELY near to completion right now if it wasn't for Mantle.

              That's one team (red) doing what's best for everybody, and one team (green) pulling dirty tricks, playing off of the new (and unreleased) API that is a team effort between hundreds of companies. It's worse than day-1 DLC.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post

                That's one team (red) doing what's best for everybody, and one team (green) pulling dirty tricks, playing off of the new (and unreleased) API that is a team effort between hundreds of companies. It's worse than day-1 DLC.
                You know, when AMD announces its Q4 2015 results next week and there's another round of layoffs, I'd make sure your resume is up to date. You aren't doing a very good job of convincing anybody that you are posting this tripe out of the goodness of your own heart.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by chuckula View Post

                  You know, when AMD announces its Q4 2015 results next week and there's another round of layoffs, I'd make sure your resume is up to date. You aren't doing a very good job of convincing anybody that you are posting this tripe out of the goodness of your own heart.
                  I wish I worked for AMD, but alas, I don't. Woe is me. Nice comeback though, really shows how right-on-the-money I was if you couldn't refute even one of my sentences.
                  I prefer AMD over NVidia, yes it's true, but it's because of how each company goes about their interactions with the community. AMD clearly wins on that front a thousand times over.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                    I'm sorry, did you not take your crazy pills this morning? First off, NVidia's "contributions" to the open standard are an amazingly obvious ploy to get developers to develop specifically for NVidia GPUs when Vulkan comes out
                    If this is true (hope not) then the question is how stupid/incompetent are developers.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post

                      I wish I worked for AMD, but alas, I don't. Woe is me. Nice comeback though, really shows how right-on-the-money I was if you couldn't refute even one of my sentences.
                      I prefer AMD over NVidia, yes it's true, but it's because of how each company goes about their interactions with the community. AMD clearly wins on that front a thousand times over.

                      What exactly is there to refute you third-grade d-bag? A guy at Nvidia who clearly knows a hell of a lot more about technology that you ever will posts a very interesting blog about their development efforts to support Vulkan. That even includes some very nice development tools to help software developers -- you know, the people who actually work really hard to develop all those games that you think you are entitled to for free -- port from OpenGL to Vulkan. As somebody who has actually written software, that sounds like a very nice service from Nvidia.

                      In response, you post a histrionic hate-speech rant about Nvidia. I swear to God if you just took out the word "Nvidia" and filled in the blanks with a few other phrases I couldn't tell the difference between your so-called "arguments" and the hate-filled noise from a KKK rally.

                      Tell you what: Make a life choice, either stop being hate-filled bigot or ship off to Syria where you can live amongst your own kind.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X