Clear All

• Steffo
    replied
    edxposed Interesting, thx!

Leave a comment:

• edxposed
    replied
    Originally posted by Steffo View Post
    And when are browsers going to use this?!
    Firefox is not a possibility at the moment, and as for Chromium, everything depends on the decision of the Chrome Media Team, someone who revealed a few weeks ago that they have no plans for VulkanVideo, considering the existing Direct3D11VD/VideoToolboxVD/MediaCodecVD/ VaapiVD/v4l2VD is good enough
    As far as I know, VulkanVideo is still lacking video processing, so it can't use fixed-function hardware to perform scaling, tone mapping, etc. This means that hardware DRM cannot be supported and mobile device battery life suffers, which is probably why they don't want to implement it

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    wish I could test this, but polaris -_-

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Looking forward to AV1 encoder code in radv + ffmpeg and then OBS using that. VAAPI takes forever to materialize.

Leave a comment:

• Steffo
    replied
    And when are browsers going to use this?!

Leave a comment:

• Sethox
    replied
    The old me would have thought this is a waste of time, especially when Khronos has started work for VP9 and AV1 (and finished with h.254/h.265). Today I just believe that this experimental code is good practice to implement the future code that will replace this experimental code, or maybe just maybe.. reuse it.

Leave a comment:

• TheLexMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    That's great!
    I hope to see AV1 supported this year too.
    I wonder WTF is Khronos waiting for to make the VP9 and AV1 official?
    They are banging away at it, so you can expect it later this year, since AV1 hardware decoders are now shipping in the newest GPUs.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    That's great!
    I hope to see AV1 supported this year too.
    I wonder WTF is Khronos waiting for to make the VP9 and AV1 official?

Leave a comment:

• Serafean
    replied
    Originally posted by Toggleton View Post

https://airlied.blogspot.com/2023/02...-anv-radv.html there is talked about AV1 and H265. "The radv h264/h265 support has been merged to mesa main branch. It is still behind RADV_PERFTEST=video_decode flag, and should work for basics from VI/GFX8+. It still has not passed all the CTS tests."

Av1 is not merged yet.
    Also note that Vulkan only has an extension for h.264 and h.265. anything else is "unofficial"

Leave a comment:

• Toggleton
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Great, but more importantly does it support H.264 and AV1?
    https://airlied.blogspot.com/2023/02...-anv-radv.html there is talked about AV1 and H265. "The radv h264/h265 support has been merged to mesa main branch. It is still behind RADV_PERFTEST=video_decode flag, and should work for basics from VI/GFX8+. It still has not passed all the CTS tests."

Av1 is not merged yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X