GravityMark 1.44 Released With Ray-Tracing Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Certainly the majority of people will not touch anything RTRT enabled any time soon.
    A big unknown is what sort of production volume Intel has purchased for their upcoming dGPUs. Plus, I believe Ryzen 6000-series APUs will have RTRT support (whether it's usable is another matter).

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Well, I can afford one of those cards today. I just buy on principle.
      Yeah, there's what I'm willing to spend for a "hobby" vs. what I could financially manage with adequate need. If my livelihood depended on it, sure I could buy a high-end dGPU. Otherwise, absolutely not.

In fact, I just sold off a Radeon VII, not too long ago. And the $700 I originally paid for it (back in 2019) was already more than I thought I'd ever spend on a GPU.
      Last edited by coder; 17 January 2022, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Most Russians with a brain perfectly know that
        Let's say since, oh... 2016, I have more sympathy for those living under authoritarian governments.

but we are afraid of doing anything as they have all the power and we are not even allowed to carry/own guns.
        Guns are a false solution, anyhow. There are very few recent examples of an armed uprising actually succeeding. Violent resistance usually just makes a bad situation worse.

This world has gone insane.
        True. The news is stranger than fiction, these days.

I do it is because I want something to remain after I die. Some people even call me Artem which is so nice to hear :-)
        Best wishes to you and your family. Thanks for being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post

Perhaps you could give it another try with this: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/14565 ?
          I've finally got to this and it actually works with that MR, thanks! Ran it like this:

Code:
          MANGOHUD=0 RADV_PERFTEST=rt VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/local/share/vulkan/icd.d/radeon_icd.i686.json:/usr/local/share/vulkan/icd.d/radeon_icd.x86_64.json ./run_fullscreen_vk_rt.sh
          And voila, the benchmark starts and runs at about 0.2 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post
            I've finally got to this and it actually works with that MR, thanks! Ran it like this:
            And voila, the benchmark starts and runs at about 0.2 FPS.
            Non-RTX Nvidia GPUs support software ray tracing on Vulkan. It will be a fair comparison.

Last edited by frustum; 19 January 2022, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X