Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi "V3DV" Vulkan Driver Now Works On Android

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi "V3DV" Vulkan Driver Now Works On Android

The open-source Broadcom "V3DV" Vulkan driver within Mesa that is most notably used by the Raspberry Pi can now run on Android...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For those interested in V3DV / Raspberry Pi on Android can see
    and then html is broken

Comment

Originally posted by etam View Post
      and then html is broken
      Yes, Michael open with double quote and close with single quote. He so clumsy. Also his HTML doesn't have any footer element.

Here is the URL he intended to link to: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...4a537a31a89085

Comment

I know android gets a lot of flak, but it still remains both the best mobile OS, and best TV OS (even non ATV or generic android boxes are better than roku IMO) and you can run mostly opensource. I hope this will work for the folks working on waydroid. containerized android is really nice to work with, and so, so easy to nuke if you mess something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          I know android gets a lot of flak, but it still remains both the best mobile OS, and best TV OS
          Android is foul. The only thing worse than it is the scummy hardware it needs to run on.

... however since I often have to work with it, I am very glad to be able to use Raspberry Pi hardware to develop/debug on rather than some naff consumer phone or some niche "dev kit".

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Android is foul. The only thing worse than it is the scummy hardware it needs to run on.

... however since I often have to work with it, I am very glad to be able to use Raspberry Pi hardware to develop/debug on rather than some naff consumer phone or some niche "dev kit".
            I like using android, I use android on most of my x86 tablets and my htpc the only way to make them useable. im not the biggest fan of android, but it beats the hell out of windows.

Comment

hint hint

Comment

Well i wouldilike to see same 600 lines from Nvidia if is so simple enable runing Gpu in android..

Comment

Working...
                X