Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.2.182 Released With Some Prominent Extensions Added

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.2.182 Released With Some Prominent Extensions Addded

Vulkan 1.2.182 is out and on top of various documentation fixes/clarifications, there are a few new extensions added with this revision...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I understand that it is technically needed, but it's kind of awkward to see w32 or drm extensions in a platform agnostic api...

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815
      birdie I'm not talking about this release specifically, but there are extensions like VK_KHR_external_memory_win32 already which are platform specific (Windows). And now it's the same with Linux, platform specific extensions.

I don't know, why you read my post as me being an open-source evangelist full of hatred...?!
      Birdie tends to be hostile against most. Except against nvidia, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie

That's the next level of dumb from an open source fan who refuses to read:

"using the Direct Rendering Manager (DRM)"
        "allows for querying DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) properties of physical devices"

I don't even understand what you meant by "w32" - Win32? There's nothing pertaining to Windows in this Vulkan release either.

Time and again Open Source fans continue to embarrass themselves with their blind hatred towards anything proprietary and a severe lack of intelligence and common sense. You'd think that the person who signed up at Phoronix in 2015 would be a little bit more intelligent but nope, nothing.
        The rational mind has 2 choices to react to a post which is allgeded to be not carefully thought out.

1. Ignore it, because it is not worth to be processed further.
        2. Respond to it and try to correct it / request an explaintion in a respectful manner to start a meaningful and fruitful follow up discussion.

Since not meeting one of this criteria the tautological conclusion in this case, your mind is not very rational. Hence how can your mind be able to determine what is a rational, well elaborated thought in the context of intelligence or common sense?
        Last edited by CochainComplex; 21 June 2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

birdie, you should be embarrassed by your posts here.

The original poster went out of their way to specifically include both win32 and drm to make it clear they were talking about the concept of platform specific code and not going after any specific platform.

And then you go and accuse them of blind hatred? WTF?

Comment

Ugh, am disappointed birdie is back to the open-source scene just to launch fireballs all over again.

Seriously, I thought he had learned his lesson...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Ugh, am disappointed birdie is back to the open-source scene just to launch fireballs all over again.

Seriously, I thought he had learned his lesson...
              You're now deleting my factual messages, great. Thank you for reminding me that technical arguments are not accepted here. Only blind hatred towards Microsoft NVIDIA and everything which is not open source. I've learned my lesson, I will stop posting again for a while. Took a hiatus, thought something would change, no, a news piece about Vulkan and the creators of it are being slandered for supporting various platforms including, surprise, Windows. Just like Android Wayland and X11 which are also supported using their own data structures and API calls.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

You're now deleting my factual messages, great. Thank you for reminding me that technical arguments are not accepted here. Only blind hatred towards Microsoft NVIDIA and everything which is not open source. I've learned my lesson, I will stop posting again for a while. Took a hiatus, thought something would change, no, a news piece about Vulkan and the creators of it are being slandered for supporting various platforms including, surprise, Windows. Just like Android Wayland and X11 which are also supported using their own data structures and API calls.
                You are just thinking too deeply.

Please take deep breaths and relax.

And seriously, refrain from igniting the forum on every thread. This part here was absolutely unneeded and an obvious call for flamewar:

Time and again Open Source fans continue to embarrass themselves with their blind hatred towards anything proprietary and a severe lack of intelligence and common sense. You'd think that the person who signed up at Phoronix in 2015 would be a little bit more intelligent but nope, nothing.

Comment

Are thoise last two vendor hardware specific?

Comment

Working...
                  X