Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post

Same question here
    Yes, similar changes are in the Windows version. Or at least that's what the changelog said when I looked it as the app updated yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post
      Hm, but why is DXVK involved here? I mean, on Linux it's currently running OpenGL, not DirectX. So the translation should be OpenGL -> Vulkan not DirectX -> Vulkan, what do I miss here?
      The old version of the game on linux runs a DirectX -> OpenGL translation layer that Valve developed in house.
      Now they are using a DirectX -> Vulkan translation layer that is developed not only by Valve.

So this means less code for Valve to maintain.
      Last edited by pracedru; 17 June 2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

No comparison benchmarks?

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

If you look at the release announcement, there are a bunch of fixes including things like crash fixes on Linux. Or you know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. The fact that they are updating it at all after more than a decade, let alone on a niche platform for gaming that wasn't even a choice when the game launched, is quite frankly phenomenal.
          Yeah, they practically give it away at very low prices, like CDPR does for some of it's older games.

Comment

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

OpenGL is about 3x faster than Vulkan for me.

Comment

Working...
            X