X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Junior
    replied
    Originally posted by lumks View Post
    Is this change also available for Windows?
    Same question here

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish Valve would open source the Source 2 engine, or at least their old Source engine, like id software open sourced theirs.
    Out of all the in-house proprietary engines, Source (& Source 2) is indeed the one that makes the least sense to keep closed. It doesn't appear to be important for their business model, either. Maybe it has to do with the competitive scene around CS:GO and TF2? There have been hacks developed ad hoc after a source code leak, just recently (or maybe last year, can't remember).

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    Is this change also available for Windows?

Leave a comment:

• khnazile
    replied
    I get framecaped with both APIs. And if I remove the framecap, it crashes the amdgpu kernel driver. Or a gpu itself, I didn't have enough time to investigate. GJ

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Their original binary strongly favored Nvidia drivers. But that was at the time the Gallium AMD driver didn't exist. I currently still play this game. Will report back if I notice performance improvements.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Michael Comparison benchmarks incoming? I would love to see it on older cards as well, since I'm running Vulkan games on my R290.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Great!

I wish Valve would open source the Source 2 engine, or at least their old Source engine, like id software open sourced theirs.

Leave a comment:

• hoohoo
    replied
    L4D2 is still an enormously entertaining game.

GG, Valve!

Leave a comment:

• pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    Nice, but why do they bother updating old games, when those games work good enough on pretty much all current hardwares?
    If you look at the release announcement, there are a bunch of fixes including things like crash fixes on Linux. Or you know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. The fact that they are updating it at all after more than a decade, let alone on a niche platform for gaming that wasn't even a choice when the game launched, is quite frankly phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

• StarterX4
    replied
    Finally. They recompiled the Linux binary and libs not touched in 7 years, brought DXVK that fixed all the problems of the faulty GL renderer.

This kind of updates is what L4D2 needed for years, not some community "The Last Stand" content update that borked more things than fixed.

Now we need native Wayland support and 64-bit, to get rid of both Xorg and 32-bit crap, on modern 64-bit systems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X