Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vulkan SDK Now Formally Available For Apple Platforms - Including Apple Silicon Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan SDK Now Formally Available For Apple Platforms - Including Apple Silicon Support

Phoronix: Vulkan SDK Now Formally Available For Apple Platforms - Including Apple Silicon Support

The Khronos Group and LunarG have announced an updated Vulkan SDK that includes now formally providing support for Apple platforms, including Apple Silicon systems via Universal Binaries...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone know if there been any progress towards full DXVK support?

Hi, this is just a report of "things" missing in MoltenVK to support DXVK now that Wine supports Vulkan on MacOS via MoltenVK (I use v1.0.12 included in Vulkan MacOS SDK 1.0.77).. I tested DXVK 0.6...

Comment

That is very misleading

Vulkan is not available on macOS, it is the Emulation Layer that is available, with it comes huge performance cost

Stop misleading people, this is a problem with open source and "linux" people, their strategies are ugly, they love to mislead people, and they take everything for granted

I am glad apple went with Metal wich is cleaner and more performant than Vulkan

Wine and Vulkan are a huge mistake, no wonder why linux usage on steam is stuck bellow 0.7% despite MASSIVE investments

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
        That is very misleading

Vulkan is not available on macOS, it is the Emulation Layer that is available, with it comes huge performance cost

Stop misleading people, this is a problem with open source and "linux" people, their strategies are ugly, they love to mislead people, and they take everything for granted

Wine and Vulkan are a huge mistake, no wonder why linux usage on steam is stuck bellow 0.7% despite MASSIVE investments
        You are a troll on 100 level and basically, all that you said is lie and I just too lazy to argue with you.

Comment

I am looking forward to the day of OpenGL -> Vulkan -> MoltenVK -> Metal and still seeing massive perf increases over the apple openGL implementation

Comment

it is the Emulation Layer that is available, with it comes huge performance cost
            Haha. When it comes to doing things correctly and staying in an open environment... people are more than willing to take that performance hit!

Do you really think that OpenGL is as successful as it is today because of its performance? No, it is because it works. Vulkan is a DirectX and Metal killer

Comment

As someone who is not really into the Apple ecosystem, is there any chance I could persuade you to offer compelling evidence in support of your claim?

Note that I specifically don't claim that Vulkan is cleaner or more performant than Metal and that I'm willing to consider any and all factual evidence in support of your argument, for example in the form of equivalent benchmarks (including source code) made on the exact same Apple (= Intel + AMD) hardware to the extent that it is possible.

Comment

That is very misleading

Apple fanboy detected.

Go look at reality for a moment.

Comment

That is very misleading
                  Said troll with zero experience with Vulkan and Metal programming, because if you would have some knowledge in this stuff you wouldn't saying this bullshit.

Comment

The title is a bit misleading. Formally would mean that Apple stopped being a jerk and started supporting Vulkan.

Comment

Working...
                    X