Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VKD3D-Proton 2.1 Released With Improved GPU-Bound Performance, More Games Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKD3D-Proton 2.1 Released With Improved GPU-Bound Performance, More Games Working

Phoronix: VKD3D-Proton 2.1 Released With Improved GPU-Bound Performance, More Games Working

Valve's VKD3D-Proton continues speeding along as their downstream of VKD3D for mapping Direct3D 12 over Vulkan. VKD3D-Proton 2.1 was just released and besides enhancing the GPU-bound performance there are more prominent DX12 games now working with this translation layer...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...D3D-Proton-2.1
    Last edited by Michael; 14 December 2020, 07:42 AM.

"Poton"

Comment

The typo is still present in your forum post.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post
        "Poton"
        Fixed, thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post
          The typo is still present in your forum post.
          I just wanted to say both thanks for everything and that I went ahead and gambled on Cyberpunk (from Steam) because of y'all and Proton.

I have an old ass pre-AVX workstation which has its share of problems with Cyberpunk, but luckily other kind community members have found workarounds and fixes for those problems. Now that all of that is of that worked out and have it running on Windows better than it does on the PS4 hopefully I'll be able to get it running on Linux within the next day or two. I really hope those EXE patchers work with Wine.
          Last edited by skeevy420; 14 December 2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Worth pointing out that Cyberpunk 2077 is only working properly on AMD, not Nvidia. Also worth pointing out that it's on their "kinda works, but expect a lot of jank"-list (their naming, not mine BTW).

Funny how I just had to send my 1070 Ti for warranty service and thought I'd had to delay playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the few weeks it's going to take for it to go back and forth due to the Christmas package rush. Then I realized there's been a Radeon Pro WX 9100 collecting dust on my shelf at work for the last year and I just got permission to borrow it for the next few weeks.

In other words; I get the best of both worlds. First I get to play it on AMD hardware when it's only properly playable on AMD hardware, then I get to play it on Nvidia hardware when it's working properly on it as well.
            Last edited by L_A_G; 14 December 2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
              Worth pointing out that Cyberpunk 2077 is only working properly on AMD, not Nvidia. Also worth pointing out that it's on their "kinda works, but expect a lot of jank"-list (their naming, not mine BTW).
              I bet you're talking about playing it on Linux?

Comment

Performance improvements to vkd3d are just what the doctor ordered

VKD3D is already quite impressive in that it can run/render a lot of things correctly, all it needs now is better performance, it's not like it's current performance is bad, so much as it's just not good enough yet, 15% improvement in best case from one update is quite fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I bet you're talking about playing it on Linux?
                  Yes in regards to Linux & AMD GPUs. What's funny is on Windows it needs a fix for AMD CPUs with 12 or less. I use that for the AVX fix .

Great AMD support on one OS. Messed up AMD support on the other OS. Pick yer poison

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Funny how I just had to send my 1070 Ti for warranty service and thought I'd had to delay playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the few weeks it's going to take for it to go back and forth due to the Christmas package rush. Then I realized there's been a Radeon Pro WX 9100 collecting dust on my shelf at work for the last year and I just got permission to borrow it for the next few weeks.

In other words; I get the best of both worlds. First I get to play it on AMD hardware when it's only properly playable on AMD hardware, then I get to play it on Nvidia hardware when it's working properly on it as well.
                    This might be because they focussed on Stadia Linux build which probably utilizes AMD GPUs, rather than Nvidia.

Comment

Working...
                    X