Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VKD3D-Proton 2.1 Released With Improved GPU-Bound Performance, More Games Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    moron, there is "when run under proton, cyberpunk only supporting amd videocards ". when run under windows it supports novideo just fine(because obviously that's where it was tested)
    and to answer your question: because apparently "people" are not as stupid as you
    Moron, learn to use a comma then. At least I know how to, that must make you more of a moron. Maybe I should start name you No-intelligence, just like your novideo full-retard trolling.
    Last edited by vb_linux; 16 December 2020, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Yes in regards to Linux & AMD GPUs. What's funny is on Windows it needs a fix for AMD CPUs with 12 or less. I use that for the AVX fix .

Great AMD support on one OS. Messed up AMD support on the other OS. Pick yer poison
      Yeah, I read about that. They used some old GPUOpen code from 2017, that does stupid things like deciding number of threads to use by looking at the processor model. Honestly, this kind of code is just bad and unnecessary. And it will break if people decide to disable cores in their UEFI for whatever reasons.

Just ask the OS how many logical processors there are, and base your decisions off of that. Shit will work, no matter what new or old CPU you use it on. This kind of unnecessary gimmicky code that breaks OS abstractions for no good reason is exactly the kind of bad software development practice that should have been thrown out decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vb_linux View Post
        But the fact that game developers have to develop for Linux simultaneously should add some trickle-down advantage.
        Unfortunately that's also not the case. One of DXVK devs mentioned in another forum that Stadia port was made by a third party not related to CDPR. CP2077 developers were definitely Windows focused (which explains the shit show that was the PS4 release).

Comment

Originally posted by Marco-GG View Post

Unfortunately that's also not the case. One of DXVK devs mentioned in another forum that Stadia port was made by a third party not related to CDPR. CP2077 developers were definitely Windows focused (which explains the shit show that was the PS4 release).
          Was the third party Feral? I wish? Don't see much Linux upcoming work on their site.

I have been playing on Stadia. It probably explains how Stadia is a better experience compared to Windows.

Comment

Working...
          X