Vulkan 1.2.153 Released As Development Switches To "Main"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post

What happens when they get offended by "main" branch ?
    And branch after that ?
    then I am sure you will get your Internet hat on and go argue with people you have never met on forums all over the world!

Comment

It's funny how little whenever people are annoyed over something they're never annoyed, they're always angry over it. Then again it's easier to demonize people for being angry over something that's fairly inconsequential in the larger picture than trying to demonize them for being merely annoyed over a decision made for stupid reasons and blown massively out of proportion already by the people pushing for it.

I suppose that's a big weakness of purely text based communication. Tone is for the most part lost and to compensate people project whatever tone is most convenient for them onto it. Thus annoyance over a decision becomes anger and this projected anger is then used to justify this decision.

Let's not beat about the bush here. It's really all just a bit of white savior complex trying to protect minorities from being offended by language that refers to a less savory past as if these people had PTSD over this past that happened long before they were even born. Even assuming that somebody's actually going to take issue over slavery-based allegories this is ultimately an inconsequential thing in all aspects and if they want to do good for minorities then there are far more productive avenues for it.

Comment

And branch after that ?
        Then they'll just spend 5 minutes to change it again.

Seriously, how is this a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Then they'll just spend 5 minutes to change it again.
          Just like whiny weak children. They will never grow up out of the victim mentality.

Haidt & Lukianoff really called it when they identified woke culture as reverse CBT, a framework for actually inducing fragility and an external locus of control. Mental slaves to every nanoaggression. This is not kindness nor social justice.
          Last edited by insilications; 07 September 2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by insilications View Post

Just like whiny weak children.
            Or like powerful take-no-prisoners military men?

They will never grow up out of the victim mentality.
            Wait, who exactly are you talking about? I'm pretty sure the devs in Khronos making this change don't view themselves as victims.

Haidt & Lukianoff really called it when they identified woke culture as reverse CBT, a framework for actually inducing fragility and an external locus of control. Mental slaves to every nanoaggression. This is not kindness nor social justice.
            LOL

I think this whole change is a little silly myself, but the reactions against it are just hilarious.
            Last edited by smitty3268; 07 September 2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              If someone/something is "main" doesn't it mean that all the rest are inferior/subordinate? This doesn't look neutral! Not a fan, not a fan.
              No, jackass. Main means "main," not "superior." And even if it did (which, it doesn't), it would be infinitely better than "master" and "slave"

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                It's funny how little whenever people are annoyed over something they're never annoyed, they're always angry over it. Then again it's easier to demonize people for being angry over something that's fairly inconsequential in the larger picture than trying to demonize them for being merely annoyed over a decision made for stupid reasons and blown massively out of proportion already by the people pushing for it.

I suppose that's a big weakness of purely text based communication. Tone is for the most part lost and to compensate people project whatever tone is most convenient for them onto it. Thus annoyance over a decision becomes anger and this projected anger is then used to justify this decision.

Let's not beat about the bush here. It's really all just a bit of white savior complex trying to protect minorities from being offended by language that refers to a less savory past as if these people had PTSD over this past that happened long before they were even born. Even assuming that somebody's actually going to take issue over slavery-based allegories this is ultimately an inconsequential thing in all aspects and if they want to do good for minorities then there are far more productive avenues for it.
                This is blatantly idiotic and CLEARLY from someone who hasn't the slightest clue what it's like to be black in America.

The fact that you're strawmanning and saying that anyone is claiming to have "PTSD from something that happened long before they were even born" shows the racist (intentional or not) thoughts in your own mind. First off, no one is saying that. Second, IT WASN'T SOMETHING THAT JUST UP AND ENDED 150 YEARS AGO. The echos of slavery (and Jim Crow, just as importantly) are still VERY much objectively having an effect today. Literally the entire notion of modern policing comes directly from slave patrols of the Antebellum era. Not only that, but redlining, racism in the criminal justice system, and income inequality are all objectively, demonstrably factual.

Hell, your comment perfectly demonstrates why exactly this needed to change.

"Hey, this terminology obviously is pretty offensive, we should change it, it will take no time whatsoever and have no negative effects."

Asshole on the internet: "OMG get over it already, slavery ended 150 years ago! It doesn't effect me whatsoever, just like the negative connotation never affected me whatsoever, just like institutional and cultural racism never affect me whatsoever, but I'm still gonna complain about it because... just because!"

Comment

Originally posted by gardotd426 View Post

This is blatantly idiotic and CLEARLY from someone who hasn't the slightest clue what it's like to be black in America.

The fact that you're strawmanning and saying that anyone is claiming to have "PTSD from something that happened long before they were even born" shows the racist (intentional or not) thoughts in your own mind. First off, no one is saying that. Second, IT WASN'T SOMETHING THAT JUST UP AND ENDED 150 YEARS AGO. The echos of slavery (and Jim Crow, just as importantly) are still VERY much objectively having an effect today. Literally the entire notion of modern policing comes directly from slave patrols of the Antebellum era. Not only that, but redlining, racism in the criminal justice system, and income inequality are all objectively, demonstrably factual.

Hell, your comment perfectly demonstrates why exactly this needed to change.

"Hey, this terminology obviously is pretty offensive, we should change it, it will take no time whatsoever and have no negative effects."

Asshole on the internet: "OMG get over it already, slavery ended 150 years ago! It doesn't effect me whatsoever, just like the negative connotation never affected me whatsoever, just like institutional and cultural racism never affect me whatsoever, but I'm still gonna complain about it because... just because!"
                  Who taught you this pile of BS? School?

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post

Who taught you this pile of BS? School?
                    Lol. They're objective facts. Literally all it takes is not being a complete dumbass and/or piece of shit. Either you're so dumb you can't comprehend such simple things, or you're such a piece of garbage you do comprehend it, you just don't care. The fact that you're using education as a boogeyman indicates it could honestly go either way.

Comment

And branch after that ?
                      i like how you quoted a specific part of my message to say something that has literally nothing to do with it

Comment

Working...
                      X