RADV ACO SMEM Patches Land - Taking ACO To Feature Parity With AMDGPU LLVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV ACO SMEM Patches Land - Taking ACO To Feature Parity With AMDGPU LLVM

Phoronix: RADV ACO SMEM Patches Land - Taking ACO To Feature Parity With AMDGPU LLVM

As of today in Mesa 20.2-devel Git, the Radeon Vulkan driver (RADV) with the ACO back-end is now effectively at feature-parity to the default AMDGPU LLVM shader compiler back-end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

good news

Comment

Right on time for the next gen GPUs

Comment

Good stuff! It really does make a noticeable difference to load times. Hopefully we'll have the option to use it with radeonsi as well.

Comment

so the only missing step here https://github.com/daniel-schuermann/mesa/issues/98 is opengl

Comment

btw, aco announcement was posted on july 3rd

Comment

Will be nice to not have to think about enabling ACO. I hope its not too much work to get it working with OpenGL as well.

Comment

best thing if they put aco on default - the tests will also be put to aco default - performance should be even better in the futue

Comment

Originally posted by b8e5n View Post
                  Right on time for the next gen GPUs
                  Navi10 still isn't supported, but I guess its high on the priority list.

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post

Navi10 still isn't supported, but I guess its high on the priority list.
                    Navi 10 is supported in aco just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X