Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D9VK 0.20 Offers Performance Improvements, New Features For Direct3D 9 Over Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D9VK 0.20 Offers Performance Improvements, New Features For Direct3D 9 Over Vulkan

Phoronix: D9VK 0.20 Offers Performance Improvements, New Features For Direct3D 9 Over Vulkan

Joshua Ashton has released D9VK 0.20 "Frog Cookie" as the newest version of this project mapping Direct3D 9 over Vulkan to help improve the Windows gaming on Linux experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

EDIT: update the issue has now been fixed. So the next release whenever that happens, should work again. And now if i run into another problem with d{9,x}vk not working on haswell, I will post a proper bug report. So in the mean time the few haswell users here, build from master and things will be good now

...Original Post...

For Haswell users, this is a sad release as d9vk no longer works on it anymore.

Last Good commit: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9v...ee44a4a62f4b2a

First Bad commit: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9v...ef7f81f8e031dc

I of course haven't made a proper bug report on JoshuaAshton repo because I know how flakey Haswell Vulkan support is. At this time current dxvk master still works. So I'm guessing that bad commit might add a vulkan extension that is not supported by haswell.

Damn the "INTEL-MESA: warning: Haswell Vulkan support is incomplete" making me not feel good for posting a proper issue for it and also it being mentioned before that only broadwell and up is supported in a dxvk issue.
    Last edited by Panda_Wrist; 26 August 2019, 04:13 PM. Reason: its working now.

Comment

This d9vk version fix various bugs case outrun 2006 water, fog implementation (fix rogue warrior), boiling point geometry and black issues, psi ops fonts and others

Last edited by pinguinpc; 26 August 2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post
        For Haswell users, this is a sad release as d9vk no longer works on it anymore.

Last Good commit: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9v...ee44a4a62f4b2a

First Bad commit: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9v...ef7f81f8e031dc

I of course haven't made a proper bug report on JoshuaAshton repo because I know how flakey Haswell Vulkan support is. At this time current dxvk master still works. So I'm guessing that bad commit might add a vulkan extension that is not supported by haswell.

Damn the "INTEL-MESA: warning: Haswell Vulkan support is incomplete" making me not feel good for posting a proper issue for it and also it being mentioned before that only broadwell and up is supported in a dxvk issue.
        Try the Iris driver and nine, it'll probably be quicker than the vulkan wrapper anyway

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Try the Iris driver and nine, it'll probably be quicker than the vulkan wrapper anyway
          Haswell is not supported by the Iris driver.

Comment

Maybe somebody could resurrect the old Intel i965 Gallium driver and attempt to merge/reuse the relevant improvements from Iris to support up to Broadwell? There must be a lot of new code that can be shared..? Not that I've looked though.

It won't help the IvyBridge/Haswell Vulkan support either :-(

Comment

Hi, thanks for bisecting that Haswell issue

Should fix that -- although some games will forever be unsupported on Haswell due to the need for SWVP which I emulate with a geometry shader + buffer writes (which they don't support.)

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaAshton View Post
                Hi, thanks for bisecting that Haswell issue

Should fix that -- although some games will forever be unsupported on Haswell due to the need for SWVP which I emulate with a geometry shader + buffer writes (which they don't support.)
                Thanks you very much for the fix. I quickly built it and tried it on the game that I can currently playing and it loaded right up!!!

One question though, will it be possible to tell from the log if a game isn't working correctly because of this being disabled? either way i guess i could still check on my much weaker but supported by intel, boardwell laptop.

Comment

Couldn't get this working with gothic-3-fgse when I tried the previous version (mostly black polygons and thats all). D9VK however does work with Risen3, shrug.

Comment

> Couldn't get this working with gothic-3-fgse when I tried the previous version (mostly black polygons and thats all). D9VK however does work with Risen3, shrug.

Can you set ``d3d9.allowLockFlagReadonly = False`` in dxvk.conf

Comment

Working...
                    X