No announcement yet.

D9VK 0.13 Brings Fixed Function Support, Other Features & Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D9VK 0.13 Brings Fixed Function Support, Other Features & Better Performance

Phoronix: D9VK 0.13 Brings Fixed Function Support, Other Features & Better Performance

D9VK 0.13 is now available as the newest release of this project mapping Direct3D 9 atop Vulkan for accelerated Windows gaming on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great project! I don't think the release notes mentioned it, but Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition works nicely now with a recent build. It's also nice to see valve coordinating with DXVK/D9VK and seeing optimisations for the new ACO compiler filter through. Hopefully a stutter free SteamPlay experience is in our future =).

Comment

Please do not use wine's d3d9x or d3dcompiler with d9vk. They make invalid API calls and generate bad shaders. I cannot stress this enough.
      Request for clarification: which DLLs are "wine's"? Are these referring to the DLLs you can install via winetricks? Or do you need to install DLLs from winetricks to avoid using the ones Wine comes with?

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post

Request for clarification: which DLLs are "wine's"? Are these referring to the DLLs you can install via winetricks? Or do you need to install DLLs from winetricks to avoid using the ones Wine comes with?
        The latter. Install the ones with winetricks.

Comment

Is Valve funding D9VK development as well as DXVK?

It's too bad these two projects wont converge together.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
            It's too bad these two projects wont converge together.
            They will eventually when d9vk is mature enough. Dxvk creator has helped out with the project(see release notes) and Joshua keeps it uptodate with dxvk codebase.

Comment

This is some titles running with d9vk:

Age of Empires III

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

D9VK With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

Kane and Lynch 2

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

D9VK With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

Last edited by pinguinpc; 09 July 2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

The latter. Install the ones with winetricks.
                I asked for some clarification here about this: https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk/issues/200

Comment

How does it compare to Nine?

Comment

Working...
                  X