X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Because I am not an avid gamer, so I don't really buy games and such, so therefor it would be nice with a game that is free and open source since I won't be spending much time with it anyway.
    Please not that proprietary does not necessarily imply "commercial". There are free proprietary games besides commercial ones.

But I don't want to play some old, crappy game. I kind of want to see nice, modern things. Like I got Mesa with OpenGL 4.5 and Vulkan support, so I would like to see a game use that.
    You know making a good game requires a lot of effort, right? And most of this effort doesn't come for free. Most artists prefer to be paid than to volunteer, which is hard to do under the open-source model.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Why do you always ask for too much?
    If the game has a clearly set major goal (ending) then it's best for it to be clo
    Because I am not an avid gamer, so I don't really buy games and such, so therefor it would be nice with a game that is free and open source since I won't be spending much time with it anyway.

But I don't want to play some old, crappy game. I kind of want to see nice, modern things. Like I got Mesa with OpenGL 4.5 and Vulkan support, so I would like to see a game use that.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Any cool open source games written with this engine?
    Why do you always ask for too much?
    If the game has a clearly set major goal (ending) then it's best for it to be clo

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Originally posted by bitman View Post
    Michael also does not mention that this engine is full of terrible decisions. This is a good start https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/23998
    At the least someone is working on it even if it's just to show how it can be improved

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Originally posted by xenopick View Post
    Pathfinding is essential on actual 3D games, not a minor functionality waah waaah xD
    I didn't say minor functionality, I made no judgement on how critical it is at all. But it's open source software, with development being done in the open on Github. This means :
    • If you want it so bad, you can develop it yourself and submit a PR
    • If you want it so bad (part 2), donate to the project and try and influence it that way. They engage with their Patreons for priorities
    • Anybody can work on whatever they want anytime they want
    • Everyone's got an opinion on what needs to be done next and resources are limited
    • Nobody working on Godot owes you anything

Leave a comment:

• xenopick
    replied
    Waaah, waaah, the core devs of an open source project are not working on the functionality/bug that I want them to, waaaah waaaah
    Pathfinding is essential on actual 3D games, not a minor functionality waah waaah xD

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Originally posted by xenopick View Post
    Hey Godot developers, game engines are not only about graphics. Only one example: https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/17885

Who is developing this engine? Not game designers, I'm sure. Who is financing the development of this engine? People who only care about graphics and nothing more?
    Waaah, waaah, the core devs of an open source project are not working on the functionality/bug that I want them to, waaaah waaaah

It's funded by Patreon on the whole (with other funding for particular features like the donation from Mozilla for HTML5 related work).

Leave a comment:

• xenopick
    replied
    Hey Godot developers, game engines are not only about graphics. Only one example: https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/17885
    rankly speaking, without proper agent navigation, Godot is dead in the water for any project that has multiple entities requiring navigation in 3D at realtime while also requiring those to avoid each other. I consider this the primary feature missing in Godot to be usable for most larger-scale 3D projects.
    Who is developing this engine? Not game designers, I'm sure. Who is financing the development of this engine? People who only care about graphics and nothing more?

Leave a comment:

• log0
    replied
    They have a showcase page, without any filtering/search functionality though: https://godotengine.org/showcase

You can try searching for free godot games on itch.io. Produces 710 results for me. A lot of them look very basic .

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X