Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKHR - An AMD-Backed Open-Source Hair Renderer In Vulkan

Phoronix: VKHR - An AMD-Backed Open-Source Hair Renderer In Vulkan

VKHR is an open-source, real-time hybrid hair renderer written in Vulkan and developed under the support of AMD/RTG...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if this could be of any benefit for my male pattern baldness

Comment

Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy-yzj02FE

Comment

Raytracing is nice and all, but this is not about Raytracing. The Raytracer is used just for offline-rendered comparison results. This is actually a Rasterization / Ray-marching hybrid, where Rasterization is used for close-up shots and marching for distance views for much better performance.

Comment

Did someone just say the magic word? Benchmark?!

Comment

Good news for Lara Croft. Agent 47 probably doesn't care

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
              Good news for Lara Croft. Agent 47 probably doesn't care
              He still has eyebrows, and NVIDIA will take any chance possible to tank performance with hairworks. I hope this won't be as bad as these benchmarks of hairworks where a closeup of 47 would tank the framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

He still has eyebrows, and NVIDIA will take any chance possible to tank performance with hairworks. I hope this won't be as bad as these benchmarks of hairworks where a closeup of 47 would tank the framerate.
                Amusingly, not many male game characters have long hair, one of the exceptions being Geralt from The Witcher, that unsurprisingly Nvidia managed to screw up on PCs.

Comment

Well, this is niche.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Amusingly, not many male game characters have long hair, one of the exceptions being Geralt from The Witcher, that unsurprisingly Nvidia managed to screw up on PCs.
                    This was true on launch (maybe even intentional?), but patches has made it work decently on most high end PC's. I'm playing the game on 1440p high on my R9 Fury, and I have no issue to hit 60fps even with Hairworks enabled, and yes, even on Steam Play.

Comment

Working...
                    X