Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D9VK 0.11 Released With Performance Improvements, D3D9 Fixes

Phoronix: D9VK 0.11 Released With Performance Improvements, D3D9 Fixes

D9VK as a reminder is the open-source project implementing Direct3D 9 over Vulkan for accelerating Windows games running under Wine/Proton on Linux. D9VK today had its second release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm really impressed how many games work already with D9VK, spend lots of hours testing my library and for this early stage it works much better than I hoped for.

Comment

Tried it this weekend on several games, and got 50-100 percent performance improvement while I didn't run into a single issue. That's really impressive for a 0.10.

Happy this is maturing, and it shows the incredible work they do on dxvk and d9vk.

Comment

Doesn't more aggressive flushing mean poorer performance, usually because of artifacts caused when things aren't being flushed properly?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          It depends on if it's doing additional unnecessary flushes or if it's just doing flushes that are going to be done anyway ahead of time so that we don't have to pause execution while they're done. Judging by the fact that we're seeing a performance boost and not a regression I'd hazard a guess and say that we're talking about the latter kind of more aggressive flushing.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

It depends on if it's doing additional unnecessary flushes or if it's just doing flushes that are going to be done anyway ahead of time so that we don't have to pause execution while they're done. Judging by the fact that we're seeing a performance boost and not a regression I'd hazard a guess and say that we're talking about the latter kind of more aggressive flushing.
            That's great

Comment

This d9vk version have improvements compared with wined3d for example:

Star trek 2013 shows textures correctly (wined3d shows various textures in black), duke nuke forever now shows correctly (no more light problem) and other titles case dirt 1 (in my case) dont run with regular wined3d implementation but with d9vk runs

Without forget d9vk framerate is more smooth with more performance and less cpu usage compared wined3d

DiRT 1

D9VK With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

StarTrek 2013

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

Duke Nuke Forever Updated (in before d9vk versions dont show correctly and now works without issues)

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

System Specs Used in Tests

Nvidia Drivers 418.52.03 (run package from nvidia drivers homepage)

Xubuntu 18.04 x64 - Kernel 4.17.12 generic (ubuntu mainline) -

CPUFreq: Performance

CPU: Core i3 8350K Tri-Core (Coffelake 14nm) 5.0Ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

MEMORY: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz (4x2) Mushkin (dual channel: 37.5 gb/s)

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 OC (GP107 14nm: 640 Shaders / 40 TMUS / 32 ROPS) Windforce 2GB DDR5 7000Mhz 128Bit (110Gb/s)

MAINBOARD: ASUS Z370-P

Comment

Working...
              X