Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Lands Initial Vulkan Adapter Support For Direct3D

Phoronix: Wine Lands Initial Vulkan Adapter Support For Direct3D

As the first step towards the plans to have a Vulkan back-end to WineD3D itself for Wine mapping older versions of Direct3D to Vulkan, an initial Vulkan adapter implementation was merged today...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Vulkan-Adapter

A developer from Codeweaver works on implementing DXVK as a native library for Wine >>> https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/pull/926
    Joshua and Philip work on D9VK which made nice progress >>> https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk

Edit: The dude did the work on this project wasn't Codeweaver developer
    Last edited by torbido; 02 April 2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Looks like in the future D3D and OpenGL will be emulated thru Vulkan not just in wine but also in a normal environment.

Comment

This is the same project created because they couldn't "reach" the DXVK's guy?

Comment

I hope they want to use DXVK and D9VK, because otherwise I do not have much fate in Codeweavers here. Not sure if VKD3D is working already.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            I hope they want to use DXVK and D9VK, because otherwise I do not have much fate in Codeweavers here. Not sure if VKD3D is working already.
            If you don't know, you can try them all with Wine from TK-Glitch's git repo (where Lutris gets their Wine builds from). From that repo, build the packages "spirv-tools-git, vkd3d-git, wine-tkg-git" in that order as well as editing the Wine customization.cfg to enable the relevant features. Currently building wine with DXVK, VKD3D, D9VK, faudio, esync, staging patches, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by torbido
              It was an old subject which isn't the case any more.
              Cool, thanks for the update, good to know they fixed the miscommunication issue

Comment

Originally posted by torbido
                It was an old subject which isn't the case any more. There is a developer from Codeweaver works on implementing DXVK as a native library for Wine >>> https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/pull/926
                This PR does looks like it's abandoned. No changes in 20+ days.

Comment

torbido: I am unfortunately not employed by codeweavers, I'm still in HS :P

leonmaxx: the PR works, and I think the wine code is in a very good state. Unfortunately though, neither party seems too interested in merging. At this point, the groundwork is there, if they want me to improve the code or have suggestions, I will. But otherwise I am just wasting my time. For now I am continuing to work on anti-cheat support in wine instead.
                  Last edited by Guy1524; 02 April 2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post
                    torbido: I am unfortunately not employed by codeweavers, I'm still in HS :P

leonmaxx: the PR works, and I think the wine code is in a very good state. Unfortunately though, neither party seems too interested in merging. At this point, the groundwork is there, if they want me to improve the code or have suggestions, I will. But otherwise I am just wasting my time. For now I am continuing to work on anti-cheat support in wine instead.
                    I am sorry, I didn't know about that. I hate that this is how the way things go. Good luck with your new project.
                    Last edited by torbido; 02 April 2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X