Wine Has Landed The Necessary Patches For Vulkan 1.1 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Line 34 of the tkg Wine cfg disables 32bit wine support. From there all you need to do is build faudio-git.

Code:
     [TABLE="class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container"]
     	 		[TR]
     			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Set to true to disable 32-bit wine. Doing so will disable WoW64 and break ALL 32-bit apps. Default is "false".[/TD]
     		[/TR]
     		[TR]
     		[/TR]
     	 [/TABLE]
     _NOLIB32="false"
    Well I want wine32, just wine32 without faudio32. In the past I hacked the pkgbuild to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Well I want wine32, just wine32 without faudio32. In the past I hacked the pkgbuild to do that.
      Oh, read that wrong. Lines 107-112.

Code:
       	 		[TR]
       			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Faudio - Use the currently installed Faudio packages (both 32 and 64-bit) for xaudio2 - Fixes sound issues in various games. Disables xaudio2 & winepulse staging patchsets[/TD]
       		[/TR]
       		[TR]
       		[/TR]
       	 [/TABLE]
       	 		[TR]
       			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Support is enabled by default in Wine 4.3(plain only) and newer, independently of this setting - https://github.com/aeikum/wine/commits/faudio-fixups[/TD]
       		[/TR]
       		[TR]
       		[/TR]
       	 [/TABLE]
       	 		[TR]
       			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]_use_faudio="false"[/TD]
       		[/TR]
       		[TR]
       		[/TR]
       	 [/TABLE]
       	 		[TR]
       			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# In case your Faudio libraries are frogged, set to "true" to ignore the check. You'll be able to build, but xaudio2 support will be frogged.[/TD]
       		[/TR]
       		[TR]
       		[/TR]
       	 [/TABLE]
       	 		[TR]
       			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Only use this in a case similar to this : your lib32-faudio libs are not found by wine, but you don't care because your game is 64-bit.[/TD]
       		[/TR]
       		[TR]
       		[/TR]
       	 [/TABLE]
       _faudio_ignorecheck="false"
      EDIT: Set both to true and you'll be gravy. Will only need faudio-git.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Oh, read that wrong. Lines 107-112.

Code:
        [TR]
        [TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Faudio - Use the currently installed Faudio packages (both 32 and 64-bit) for xaudio2 - Fixes sound issues in various games. Disables xaudio2 & winepulse staging patchsets[/TD]
        [/TR]
        [TR]
        [/TR]
        [/TABLE]
        [TR]
        [TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Support is enabled by default in Wine 4.3(plain only) and newer, independently of this setting - https://github.com/aeikum/wine/commits/faudio-fixups[/TD]
        [/TR]
        [TR]
        [/TR]
        [/TABLE]
        [TR]
        [TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]_use_faudio="false"[/TD]
        [/TR]
        [TR]
        [/TR]
        [/TABLE]
        [TR]
        [TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# In case your Faudio libraries are frogged, set to "true" to ignore the check. You'll be able to build, but xaudio2 support will be frogged.[/TD]
        [/TR]
        [TR]
        [/TR]
        [/TABLE]
        [TR]
        [TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Only use this in a case similar to this : your lib32-faudio libs are not found by wine, but you don't care because your game is 64-bit.[/TD]
        [/TR]
        [TR]
        [/TR]
        [/TABLE]
        _faudio_ignorecheck="false"
        EDIT: Set both to true and you'll be gravy. Will only need faudio-git.
        Oh that's cool, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Came here to say this.
          People sure seem to like to whine about Valve for being closed-source but Linux would be far less optimized and relevant today if it weren't for them. I'm sure their development with Proton has a lot to do with the sudden burst of improvements.
          Agreed!
          I was trying to praise Valve, BTW.
          Maybe i phrased it wrong?...

EDIT:
          Or maybe this part "People sure seem to like to whine about Valve for being closed-source..." wasn't aimed at my comment, specifically?...

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
            Agreed!
            I was trying to praise Valve, BTW.
            Maybe i phrased it wrong?...

EDIT:
            Or maybe this part "People sure seem to like to whine about Valve for being closed-source..." wasn't aimed at my comment, specifically?...
            No you phrased yourself fine; no disagreement from me. I'm just making a generalized rant.

Comment

faudio is available on Arch Linux, it just got installed automatically on my system with wine-staging 4-3

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Still waiting for faudio to enter Debian unstable...
                I'm working on something with the OBS build maintainer... atleast for Debian Testing (Buster). Packages are ready, they just need to be moved over... so hopefully Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by Cybmax View Post

I'm working on something with the OBS build maintainer... atleast for Debian Testing (Buster). Packages are ready, they just need to be moved over... so hopefully Soon(tm)
                  Great, thanks for working on it! Does OBS use faudio as well?

Comment

Working...
                  X