Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Has Landed The Necessary Patches For Vulkan 1.1 Support

Phoronix: Wine Has Landed The Necessary Patches For Vulkan 1.1 Support

The "WineVulkan" code within Wine for exposing the Vulkan API to Windows games/applications now supports the requirements to last year's Vulkan 1.1 base specification...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wine is really steam rolling ahead in 2019, already some long time non-running games are suddenly working. Great work really!

Comment

Still waiting for faudio to enter Debian unstable...

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Use another...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          Wine is really steam rolling ahead in 2019, already some long time non-running games are suddenly working. Great work really!
          Maybe this is the result of Valve using it for Proton?
          Bright future ahead, it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            For once, it's not in Arch's repos either so I'll wait with you

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
              Maybe this is the result of Valve using it for Proton?
              Bright future ahead, it seems...
              Came here to say this.
              People sure seem to like to whine about Valve for being closed-source but Linux would be far less optimized and relevant today if it weren't for them. I'm sure their development with Proton has a lot to do with the sudden burst of improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

For once, it's not in Arch's repos either so I'll wait with you
                Faudio is in the AUR and you can use the tk-glitch Wine PKGBUILD to enable faudio in wine. It's what I'm doing on Manjaro and it works great.

Also, just go and checkout the tk-glitch pkgbuild repo. Lots on neat things to be found there....like AMDVLK-Pro....ripped from AMDGPU-Pro; and yes, it actually does work differently than AMDVLK based on testing it with The Witness. Now I have to try RADV, AMDVLK, and AMDVLK-Pro with games.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Faudio is in the AUR and you can use the tk-glitch Wine PKGBUILD to enable faudio in wine. It's what I'm doing on Manjaro and it works great.
                  Yes I know all that, it doesn't change what I wrote.
                  Building faudio32 is way too annoying for me to do it so I'd really like for it be in the repos.
                  Though truly I have no need for the 32b version I think so if tkg now allows without a diry hack to only require the 64b it'd be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                    Yes I know all that, it doesn't change what I wrote.
                    Building faudio32 is way too annoying for me to do it so I'd really like for it be in the repos.
                    Though truly I have no need for the 32b version I think so if tkg now allows without a diry hack to only require the 64b it'd be fine.
                    Line 34 of the tkg Wine cfg disables 32bit wine support. From there all you need to do is build faudio-git.

Code:
                     [TABLE="class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container"]
                     	 		[TR]
                     			[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]# Set to true to disable 32-bit wine. Doing so will disable WoW64 and break ALL 32-bit apps. Default is "false".[/TD]
                     		[/TR]
                     		[TR]
                     		[/TR]
                     	 [/TABLE]
                     _NOLIB32="false"

Comment

Working...
                    X