X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bosjc
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    I hope Feral has added the ability to select which gpu the game can be run on like Rise of The Tome raider has. SSFusion lacks that ability. If you have a multi-gpu setup you can enjoy a nice drop in performance if the game runs under Vulkan with radv on the second card. On my older rig that hit was on average around 17 fps slower, nor would I want the game to launch on the second card if it was already being used for compute purposes. Kde Neon seems to like defaulting steam games to the second card Gnome would happen a rather infrequently.
    Do you mean you hope Croteam adds this?

Leave a comment:

• Haxk20
    replied
    Can confirm those Vulkan drops. Reported them. From 80 fps to 50 fps.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

FTA: "Radeon tests were left out as with RADV the performance seems to be strangely slower on the current public beta build, so until sorting out that odd behavior, just looking at the NVIDIA Linux performance."
    Two or three months before Croteam introduced Vulkan version back in 2016., they actually slowed down OpenGL version too

There is nothing strange to me there
    Last edited by dungeon; 26 February 2019, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Back in 2014/2015. i played The Talos Principle OpenGL on AMD Kabini APU with FGLRX, because radeon driver was lockup prone there

Does not matter really, as there are so much cvars with Serious Engine there so that it is playable on anything Same way one could fire up that too much so that even fastest cards would cry

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    I hope Feral has added the ability to select which gpu the game can be run on like Rise of The Tome raider has. SSFusion lacks that ability. If you have a multi-gpu setup you can enjoy a nice drop in performance if the game runs under Vulkan with radv on the second card. On my older rig that hit was on average around 17 fps slower, nor would I want the game to launch on the second card if it was already being used for compute purposes. Kde Neon seems to like defaulting steam games to the second card Gnome would happen a rather infrequently.

Leave a comment:

• bosjc
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

FTA: "Radeon tests were left out as with RADV the performance seems to be strangely slower on the current public beta build, so until sorting out that odd behavior, just looking at the NVIDIA Linux performance."
    Err... I was more asking about Windows/DirectX performance, not RADV/AMD....

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by bosjc View Post
    Would be interesting to see the DirectX scores from Windows and how they compare, too.

Leave a comment:

• bosjc
    replied
    Would be interesting to see the DirectX scores from Windows and how they compare, too.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    I suppose it's the same as with SS: Fusion now: radv really fast, but the game's Vulkan renderer still slower than D3D11 + ugly shader compile stutter.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    A test with a Radeon GPU and RADV would have been interesting. I didn't see any issue with Mesa-git and RADV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X