VKD3D Tapping Vulkan Transform Feedback For Direct3D 12 Stream Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VKD3D Tapping Vulkan Transform Feedback For Direct3D 12 Stream Output

Phoronix: VKD3D Tapping Vulkan Transform Feedback For Direct3D 12 Stream Output

Wine's VKD3D project for working towards Direct3D 12 support mapped atop the Vulkan graphics API now has patches for utilizing transform feedback in order to implement Direct3D Stream-Output functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is VKD3D already usable? I didn't bother to test any DX12 title so far as either Vulkan or DX11 is available as well.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      Is VKD3D already usable? I didn't bother to test any DX12 title so far as either Vulkan or DX11 is available as well.
      I haven't seen any DRM-free game that's using D3D12 yet, so never tested vkd3d.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I haven't seen any DRM-free game that's using D3D12 yet, so never tested vkd3d.
        I'm sorry to say, but there is no vital market for DRM free games. You only have a chance to not find yourself alone if the fight is about kernel based DRM or other spyware like easy anti-cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          I'm sorry to say, but there is no vital market for DRM free games
          Tell it to GOG, which is continuously growing each year. Apparently there is enough vital market for them. I'm only using DRM-free stores to buy games.

Comment

I wonder if anyone will get MS Store working under Wine since allot of DX12 games are being put behind that paywall... (can't buy them elsewhere)

Comment

theriddick Why would you buy anything from the MS Store though? That seems like a really daft thing to do, especially if you're not using Windows.

Not that there are that many d3d12 games even on the MS Store. Best thing we can hope for is d3d12 adoption never really takes off and developers target Vulkan instead.

Comment

ATM some people have reported they have been able to run World of Warcraft with vkd3d patched wine, due to latest 8.1 patch that introduced it to wow. But i think its not fully about wine vkd3d either as multiple people have reported they cannot get dx12 working with proper hardware on windows side either.

Comment

If you have a relatively recent nVidia card, vkd3d works fine in World of Warcraft and D3D12. I kinda prefer this over DXVK atm. Still slightly less fps than dxvk, but sometimes seems smoother when loads of stuff happens.

Need to build from vkd3d GIT to keep up-to-date tho, and there is a patch needed to get it working without graphical issues. + vsync handling is not yet working for vkd3d, although you can modify wine to force vsync off if you like this. Disgussed here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=36961

If you are running Ubuntu 18.04(or newer), i try to maintain a patched version for running wow on my ppa: https://launchpad.net/~cybermax-dext...e/ubuntu/vkd3d

Comment

Working...
                  X