VK9 Now Can Run Unreal Tournament 99, Works With AMD Binary Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VK9 Now Can Run Unreal Tournament 99, Works With AMD Binary Driver

Phoronix: VK9 Now Can Run Unreal Tournament 99, Works With AMD Binary Driver

Christopher Schaefer has released a new version of his VK9 project that is translating Direct3D 9 to Vulkan, similar to DXVK and in fact the original project in this space for handling D3D on toop of VLK...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to see the steady development and improvements. I might give UT99 with VK9 a try now just to see how good it works :-)

Comment

IMO the UT99 required DX7 at the time. Not "9"

Comment

i think titles from 2-9 can run under 9

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
          IMO the UT99 required DX7 at the time. Not "9"
          I guess DX9 has to support a lot of features introduced in older DX versions as well.

Btw, there is an unofficial DX10 render for UT99/Rune/Deus EX (made mostly to keep the games viable for a longer time) http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

Comment

UT99 has a d3d9 renderer. That is what was used in testing.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              handling D3D on toop of VLK...

Comment

UT99 had DirectX 7, Glide, OpenGL and Software Rendering.

I think they use this one for DX9 support : http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
                This Page is/was very well known for UT99 gamer and also provides updated OpenGL render support.
                Last edited by Pranos; 16 December 2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

It is a shame that VK9 and DXVK are separate projects. I just had a quick look at their source. DXVK seems to have tighter coding standard. VK9 could benefit for example from sharing a common architecture, coding conventions, base classes, build system, etc.

Comment

Well, looks like DXUP has activity in it's d3d9-dev branch. Another directx 9 implementation on top of Vulkan. What's next? gallium nine on top of Zink? A port of wined3d on top of vulkan instead of opengl? All of this looks really good

Comment

Working...
                    X