Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Lands Transform Feedback For Mesa 18.3

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Lands Transform Feedback For Mesa 18.3

As a big win for Radeon Linux gamers using the RADV and enjoying Steam Play (Proton) or Wine games and making use of the DXVK library, this open-source AMD Vulkan driver has merged support for transform feedback!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations!

Comment

Just in time :-) Now I'm excited to see the difference in some DXVK games.

Comment

That's nice! Congrats, that's good not to have to wait another major release for this :-). We're really getting in shape with DXVK&Mesa here on Linux :-).

Comment

Excellent! Looking forward :-)

Comment

Great stuff, Kudos to the Mesa devs.

Now I can finally switch back to latest Mesa from my patched version. This is some relief.

Comment

Awesome stuff. I'm using oibaf's PPA on Ubuntu 18.10 and it's already in and good to go.

$ vulkaninfo|grep transform
              VK_EXT_transform_feedback : extension revision 1

Also, for those using Proton/Steam Play, be sure to check out https://www.protondb.com for compatibility lists and more.

Comment

Nice! This fixes the invisible soldier problem in Holdfast, man, that totally makes my day! You need to use the Mesa-git unofficial repo in Arch.

Comment

Great! I've been using a custom patched mesa-git, but now it should be much easier for more people to test the Transform Feedback extension with Proton.

Comment

Working...
                  X