No announcement yet.

Vulkan Adopts A Code Of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most sane option:Fork. Or even better: start from zero, with everything.

Comment

"regardless of .... race"

Are they expecting dogs, trees, aliens contributing? IIRC all human beings are a single race: human beings. Who the hell wrote this CoC?

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
        The reason these toxic SJW CoCs have these long enumerations is they are encoding in the document the Progressive Stack.
        Well, i recommend them to use with or without brain clause, that is shortest version but have the same meaning

Also that way it does not need any further amendments, as even aliens, clones, robots... are included
        Last edited by dungeon; 25 September 2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          "regardless of .... race"

Are they expecting dogs, trees, aliens contributing? IIRC all human beings are a single race: human beings. Who the hell wrote this CoC?
          IMO those SJWs have no idea about how attract local talents, not only developers but users also, to contribute to any OSS project. And certainly a CoC won't make that project more know, let's say internationally. This SJWs, who also impose the CoC, can understand they "personal" country. Or surroundings USA+CANADA, otherwise just a blank map of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
            The problem with your interpretation is that a few sentences earlier the scope is defined as all the official channels of the project, which would already cover a Slack channel made after the fact. In other words the issue of new channels being added after the fact has already been solved. Not only that, the language in that part is also not specific to official project related avenues so it can easily be interpreted as allowing maintainers to extend the reach of the CoC to include things well outside of the scope of the actual project.

Not sure what your logic here is, but if there are clear misuses for something the sane thing to do is to prevent or mitigate the misuse of it by amending, modifying or removing it. As I already mentioned, new official channels being added after the fact is already solved by the scope being defined as "every official project channel".
            The examples listed for "representing a project" don't explicitly include publishing a paper about the project in a journal, or doing any number of things for a 3rd party for example as part of the project that don't count as "events" and don't use project email or social media accounts. They could indeed be numerous, and would need to be _clarified_ by the maintainer before being used as evidence to reprimand someone according to the CoC. It's up to maintainer to determine additional representations not explicitly listed and formalize and _clarify_ any additional representations of the project, so no I don't see this as being easily interpreted in the way you're implying at all. It will only be used if there is a genuine need, with clarification is my obvious interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by euler271 View Post
              Really, how could you get that from what he just said? when did he even mention Neo-Nazis? He put together several assertions regarding leftism/marxism and compared it with the SJ movement. now, you can say why those assertions are false by using logic or counterexamples sure, but how is what you just said a response to the words written by the other guy? are you still even reading? or just reacting?
              I'll keep it really simple:

Left wing != Marxist
              Right wing != Neo Nazi

A very small number lefties identify as Marxist.... just like a very small number of rightists identify as Neo Nazis.

Claiming anyone in favor of a CoC is a Marxist or is motivated by Marxism (or somehow thinks there is no such thing as human nature) is just being hysterical and profoundly ignorant.

Comment

This is where the classic nutty SJW "Black people can't be racist" claims come from.
                This is truly bonkers. I've never met a black or white person in my life who ever made the argument that blacks cannot be racist or prejudiced. Newsflash: humans of all stripes can on occasion be prejudiced.

That's not to say that someone somewhere has made the argument. Pretty much no one takes such fools seriously, just like pretty much no one listens to the flat earthers.

What next? You're going to attack Guido van Rossum for his efforts to get more women contributing to Python?

Comment

Originally posted by damonlynch View Post

I'll keep it really simple:

Left wing != Marxist
                  Right wing != Neo Nazi

A very small number lefties identify as Marxist.... just like a very small number of rightists identify as Neo Nazis.

Claiming anyone in favor of a CoC is a Marxist or is motivated by Marxism (or somehow thinks there is no such thing as human nature) is just being hysterical and profoundly ignorant.
                  LOL

Why the hell are you even bothering to post???

Comment

Originally posted by damonlynch View Post

This is truly bonkers. I've never met a black or white person in my life who ever made the argument that blacks cannot be racist or prejudiced. Newsflash: humans of all stripes can on occasion be prejudiced.

That's not to say that someone somewhere has made the argument. Pretty much no one takes such fools seriously, just like pretty much no one listens to the flat earthers.

What next? You're going to attack Guido van Rossum for his efforts to get more women contributing to Python?
                    You have to be trolling...

Comment

• Originally posted by audir8 View Post
                      The examples listed for "representing a project" don't explicitly include publishing a paper about the project in a journal, or doing any number of things for a 3rd party for example as part of the project that don't count as "events" and don't use project email or social media accounts. They could indeed be numerous, and would need to be _clarified_ by the maintainer before being used as evidence to reprimand someone according to the CoC. It's up to maintainer to determine additional representations not explicitly listed and formalize and _clarify_ any additional representations of the project, so no I don't see this as being easily interpreted in the way you're implying at all. It will only be used if there is a genuine need, with clarification is my obvious interpretation.
                      Again, what you're describing has already been covered in the CoC. In this case by the point about when you're presenting yourself or being presented as a representative of the project. This has already been considered and written into the CoC in a way that removes the need to add instances on a case-by-case basis.

Additionally, what you're describing is very open to abuse as it allows maintainers to extent to such an extent that they can punish people for expressing opinions on the project that they find contemptible even when they're expressed well outside of the official scope of the project.

Your implication that open-to-abuse points like this won't actually be used unless there is "genuine need" kind of rings hollow the the face of examples like that senior Durpal dev who got kicked out because he, in private with consenting adults and on his own time, was into some questionable BDSM roleplay.

You have to be trolling...
                      ... or then he's plain lucky and hasn't run into the whole "Racism = Power + Prejudice, so only white people can be racist"-crowd despite how they've filtered even into mainstream feminism.
                      Last edited by L_A_G; 25 September 2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X