No announcement yet.

Vulkan Adopts A Code Of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did they feel the need to bring politics into coding? I get that each project has some sort of internal politics, but I was under the assumption that as long as the code was good, you would get respect. People don't care if you pray or fap on Sunday morning, they don't care what you have or don't have between your legs, they just care about your work. If they want to prevent abuse, they don't need this long-winded SJW code of conduct, they just need a "Don't be malicious." and that's it.

These always seem like good ideas to those who feel compassionate, but those same people fail to see how easily something like that can be turned against them and others. I'm actually shocked at the influence that the Left has on ridiculous policies such as these. It's bad enough at colleges and universities...

Comment

Hard to believe what a mentally ill tranny and a small army of technically impotent yet extremely vocal idiots can achieve through a coordinated campaign of harassment and slander.

I read an interesting comment on another site, the reason these "people" gain so much ground is because we (the pro-meritocracy types) have been on the defensive the entire time. You do not win a war by only being on the defensive. I don't consider myself "tolerant" anymore (and whatever silent self-neutering this term implies). Civility, logic, empathy is utterly lost on these people. No more.

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
        I find it all quite ironic that people on (libertarian/anarchist) right perceive these activists as left-wing. If anything, they are authoritarian-right or fascist. The clue is in the divisiveness, and need to control or undermine people who don't follow their agenda. They don't advocate pluralism or diversity of opinion or a materialist (science based) World View, but one based on the supremacy of ideas over reality.

It's unfortunate that many left-wing people also fail to see exactly what is going on here, persuaded by virtue signalling and apparent advocacy for minority rights which is unfortunately not something that seems to be actually represented if you don't fall into one of the protected exclusive special interest groups.
        You do realize that the SJWs are fundamentally all Marxists right? The whole kit and kabootle is based off of Marxist theories of Social Constructivism, Cultural Relativism, and Intersectionality. Also since when is the left wing not about divisiveness, whether that's built around class warfare in traditional Marxist fashion or the modern Cultural Marxism variant that's turned the White Male into the new Bourgeois?

Rather you don't seem to understand what the right wing actually even is. Here's the answer: "Less Government, get off my back, get out of my pocket, and let me have more control of my own destiny."

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          You do realize that the SJWs are fundamentally all Marxists right? The whole kit and kabootle is based off of Marxist theories of Social Constructivism, Cultural Relativism, and Intersectionality. Also since when is the left wing not about divisiveness, whether that's built around class warfare in traditional Marxist fashion or the modern Cultural Marxism variant that's turned the White Male into the new Bourgeois?
          Right..... by that "logic", everyone who is against a CoC must be a Neo-Nazi.

Seriously dude, stop spreading hysteria. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by damonlynch View Post

Seriously dude, stop spreading hysteria. You have no idea what you're talking about.
            Really, how could you get that from what he just said? when did he even mention Neo-Nazis? He put together several assertions regarding leftism/marxism and compared it with the SJ movement. now, you can say why those assertions are false by using logic or counterexamples sure, but how is what you just said a response to the words written by the other guy? are you still even reading? or just reacting?
            Last edited by euler271; 24 September 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by damonlynch View Post

Boggle...

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                Why did they feel the need to bring politics into coding? I get that each project has some sort of internal politics, but I was under the assumption that as long as the code was good, you would get respect. People don't care if you pray or fap on Sunday morning, they don't care what you have or don't have between your legs, they just care about your work. If they want to prevent abuse, they don't need this long-winded SJW code of conduct, they just need a "Don't be malicious." and that's it.

These always seem like good ideas to those who feel compassionate, but those same people fail to see how easily something like that can be turned against them and others. I'm actually shocked at the influence that the Left has on ridiculous policies such as these. It's bad enough at colleges and universities...
                Because they are too stupid to do coding, reviews, design, testing, writing docs or managing projects, too lazy to try to learn any actual skill, and too poor to fund anything or donate to anything. On the other hand, whining and prattling about Intersectionality and Oppression Structures costs nothing and is within the reach of whatever substitute for a brain they have.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                  The best way to fight against this kind of Code of Conduct nonsense is to use it against the people pushing for it. They are usually the worst offenders. Take note of the name calling from users Helios747, and bregma calling people they disagree with Incels, and the religious bigotry in the one comment by bregma(I'm an atheist and even I can see it). That would be a volation. If these two are working on any projects that have COC's maybe they should be reported.
                  I think the best way to push back against this epidemic is simply never to accept to play by it. Never try to merge any code into a CoC-contaminated upstream project. Never add anything on their website. If you want to improve it, always fork, always merge from upstream, always accept contributions from other participants and always make it explicitly stated that you are steering clear from the CoC, and that you own absolutely nothing to Outreachy and their infinitesimal group of psychiatric ward patients.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios747 View Post
                    My favorite part about incels crying about projects adopting CoCs is that if they actually did practice "being excellent to each other", that would entirely fall within most CoCs and they wouldn't need to care.
                    "Don't you filthy incels know how to just be excellent to each other and treat people with respect or are you all just a bunch of terrible awful no-good horrible losers with bad social skills?"

Ahhh man... this place is hilarious.

Comment

I reject the heavy handed approach of COCs. COCs should simply not exist as they are power structures ripe for abuse. In fact, they are everything the SJWs claim to be against. SJWs rattle on about patriarchies, oppression structures and so on, which is utter and complete nonsense, but the COCs they are putting in are to allow them to abuse, humiliate, ruin, and exclude people they do not like. Rather than being inclusive, they are exclusive. The COC requires someone to enforce it and thats where the problems begin because we know power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I do not condone the use of profanity and insensitive remarks however, I think its overkill to have a COC that will be abused to harm innocent people and also banning people because of a bad word is overkill, i am not willing to turn away good code from a skilled programmer over some bad word. The "right to not be offended" I am afraid is the end to the right to free speech. Also what is insensitive is a constantly changing thing, some people think Santa Claus is racist and insenstive because Santa Clause is white. Once they have allowed to have their COCs its a slipper slope and they will find insensitivity in anything and everything.
                      Last edited by jpg44; 24 September 2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X