No announcement yet.

Vulkan Adopts A Code Of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like the new LKML CoC is already being weaponized (as of about 4 days ago). That didn't take long:

I read the email that Ted Tso wrote that is setting this off, it didn't seem unreasonable TBH. But then I also haven't read the whole thread yet, I don't have a lot of time.

But Ted Tso's is just a minor contributor (small stuff like crypt, ext4, e2fsutils, etc), so I guess we're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
      Well, it looks like the new LKML CoC is already being weaponized (as of about 4 days ago). That didn't take long:
      https://twitter.com/_sagesharp_/stat...437504?lang=en

I read the email that Ted Tso wrote that is setting this off, it didn't seem unreasonable TBH. But then I also haven't read the whole thread yet, I don't have a lot of time.

But Ted Tso's is just a minor contributor (small stuff like crypt, ext4, e2fsutils, etc), so I guess we're okay.
      Absolutely sickening.

People were warning this EXACT type of harassment would happen and the creepy virtue signaling white knights who enabled this garbage shouted and yelled that anyone making such claims was just an alt-right Trumpster manbaby sexist homophobe transphobe.

Last edited by BeardedGNUFreak; 24 September 2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
        I read the email that Ted Tso wrote that is setting this off, it didn't seem unreasonable TBH.
        I just read it as well.
        The world has gone mad.

Seems that if I say "98% of humans have been raped in some shape or form"
        And you say "I'm not sure about those figures", that makes you a rape apologist.

Last edited by gripped; 24 September 2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

That person calling Ted Tso a rape apologist, and directing this hate toward him IS a violation of the COC. They should be reported.

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
            I find it all quite ironic that people on (libertarian/anarchist) right perceive these activists as left-wing. If anything, they are authoritarian-right or fascist. The clue is in the divisiveness, and need to control or undermine people who don't follow their agenda. They don't advocate pluralism or diversity of opinion or a materialist (science based) World View, but one based on the supremacy of ideas over reality.
            You are quite mistaken. For some reason the left seems to think they have a patent on the good guy and everything that looks totalitarian is the work of the evil right. Those people are clearly left extremists.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
              That person calling Ted Tso a rape apologist, and directing this hate toward him IS a violation of the COC. They should be reported.
              It would make me feel better if the CoC was enforced on Sage Sharp (previously Sarah Sharp) over this. Not because of schadenfreude, but because it would indicate possibly that CoC enforcement might be even handed. It generally seems the issue with these CoC's is that they're selectively enforced against political enemies.

I mean, that's the crux of this issue, isn't it? Perhaps we might want the CoC worded differently, etc. I think for most people who are at least uncomfortable with these CoC's, they aren't okay with people being treated poorly over arbitrary traits. We're primarily concerned with the intent of these CoC's and how they'll ultimately be used. And we definitely have past examples of this.

Here's yet another:
              https://www.inc.com/sonya-mann/drupa...field-gor.html

I looked into the whole gorean thing, and it's definitely not something I'd ever remotely be into... But from all that I've read, it was something occurring between 2 consenting adults. Doesn't that make it kink-shaming?

If you look at my post history, I've been very apolitical. I really don't like this stuff coming to Phoronix... But perhaps it's becoming unavoidable.
              Last edited by hiryu; 24 September 2018, 07:03 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo

Comment

I didn't realize that was Sarah Sharp... It's just more proof that the people who push for this nonsense are the worst offenders.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                  I didn't realize that was Sarah Sharp... It's just more proof that the people who push for this nonsense are the worst offenders.
                  Strike one!

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
                    I find it all quite ironic that people on (libertarian/anarchist) right perceive these activists as left-wing. If anything, they are authoritarian-right or fascist. The clue is in the divisiveness, and need to control or undermine people who don't follow their agenda. They don't advocate pluralism or diversity of opinion or a materialist (science based) World View, but one based on the supremacy of ideas over reality.
                    This is something I've been thinking about a lot (and particularly something I think the No Agenda Show covers well). It's also something I've found myself guilty of in the past, too.

What seems to have happened is some traditionally leftist media outlets or groups have been transforming over time to have these fascist viewpoints -- almost as if to go off one end of the spectrum to land on the other side -- in a "so left, it's right" kind of way in the name of inclusiveness.

For all I know, it's a common political party pattern, similar to what has been seen in the democrat-republican switch in the past, where different types of values start to matter more than others. Or different companies just start to pay different people.

Comment

Old joke, new times. This SJWs have the power of the Party and the power of the Big Brother, both in same time

Empowerd by Coc.

Comment

Working...
                      X