DXVK 0.80 Released With Initial State Cache, Direct3D 11.1 Feature Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
    Can anybody explain to me why they started skipping releases - we jumped from 0.72 all the way to 0.80?
    D3D feature level 11_1 is not enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

D3D feature level 11_1 is not enough for you?
      I just asked a question about something I do not know. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by randomsalad View Post
        For 32-bit software, wine hooks 32-bit wine dlls and attempt to use 32-bit libraries, again via gstreamer. This is where things can get tricky, because depending on your distro of choice, you can't have both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries of these libs installed on your system at the same time. This has been true for at least debian-based distros for as far back as I can remember.
        Just download it manually with apt download instead of apt install (place :i386 at the end of course) and place the .so files inside to their respective directories (same hierarchy as in the .deb file).

Or compile it from source.

This is a fault of the retarded package maintainers which has such an easy fix but they won't so you're at the mercy of incompetent morons.

This is why relying on centralized piece of shit repositories is appalling in any context whatsoever. Fuck this "centralized app distribution" that Linux is infected with.

Comment

Stop this guy! He uses magic outside of Hogwarts! Stunning progress in such a short time!

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
            Just download it manually with apt download instead of apt install (place :i386 at the end of course) and place the .so files inside to their respective directories (same hierarchy as in the .deb file).

Or compile it from source.

This is a fault of the retarded package maintainers which has such an easy fix but they won't so you're at the mercy of incompetent morons.

This is why relying on centralized piece of shit repositories is appalling in any context whatsoever. Fuck this "centralized app distribution" that Linux is infected with.
            Well, Archlinux manages this 32/64 libs situation perfectly since ages ago, same goes for Gentoo, Opensuse, Fedora. hence i don't think is the system but a faulty implementation of some DEB(may be others not DEB based as well) based distros of it.

Comment

Originally posted by randomsalad View Post
              For 32-bit software, wine hooks 32-bit wine dlls and attempt to use 32-bit libraries, again via gstreamer. This is where things can get tricky, because depending on your distro of choice, you can't have both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries of these libs installed on your system at the same time. This has been true for at least debian-based distros for as far back as I can remember.
              On modern versions of Ubuntu (16.04+), you should be able to just apt install the 32-bit gstreamer libraries by appending :i386 to the end of their package names. I had to do this to use vulkan libraries with x86 wine.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                Well, Archlinux manages this 32/64 libs situation perfectly since ages ago, same goes for Gentoo, Opensuse, Fedora. hence i don't think is the system but a faulty implementation of some DEB(may be others not DEB based as well) based distros of it.
                It's just one example of the possibility of maintainers fucking it up. It's not a fault of .deb, it just happened this time with (older?) Debian.

The point being that you're at their mercy. It's not an "option" which would have been fine, it's usually the only sane way to distribute apps right now (I mean, without having to compile it yourself) and that's what's sad. (well except for flatpak and stuff, you know, that was the point I was making since some people think it's useless)

Comment

Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
                  Can anybody explain to me why they started skipping releases - we jumped from 0.72 all the way to 0.80?
                  1) It's not "we". As far as i know, you and i and everyone else in this forum never contributed any code to DXVK....

2) This "skipping of releases" has been happening since the beginning. IIRC the higher it has ever reach was 0.x5, but most of the time it was 0.x2-0.x4 before the next "big" release.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

Well, Archlinux manages every situation perfectly, which is why it is the best desktop distro... This is no news...

Comment

Working...
                    X