Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 0.70 Released With Initial Direct3D 10 Over Vulkan Support

Phoronix: DXVK 0.70 Released With Initial Direct3D 10 Over Vulkan Support

Just in time for any weekend Linux gamers, a new release of DXVK is available that maps the Direct3D API to Vulkan for allowing faster Windows gaming performance under Wine...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-0.70-Released

"But can it run Crysis"? Yep.

Comment

DXVK is progressing extremely fast. If its development continues like this, in about a year almost all D3D11 games will be perfectly playable at almost native speeds. Impressive.

Comment

I'm looking forward to trying FarCry2 to see if the Directx 10 stuff works. Now if Ubisoft would de-evil their launcher maybe more than FarCry2 would be playable. I've gotten Primal going but there are a lot of glitches in that game.

Comment

Didn't expect this release so soon :-) But I'm very excited to test DX10 now with DXVK!

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
            DXVK is progressing extremely fast. If its development continues like this, in about a year almost all D3D11 games will be perfectly playable at almost native speeds. Impressive.

It's just sad that it adds so much stutter on certain games with complex shaders. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Sniperfox47 View Post

It's just sad that it adds so much stutter on certain games with complex shaders. :/
              Shouldn't the stutter stop as the shaders get cached?

Happens in OW.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                I'm looking forward to trying FarCry2 to see if the Directx 10 stuff works.
                Far cry 2 works very well with all gfx options to the max without dxvk already. Dunno if dx10 brings anything moreā€¦

Comment

Right now they are focused on compatibility more than anything else.

Comment

FS 2017 went down to _low_ 13~15 fps and stuttering from stable 60+ fps with 0.65.
                    Have to go back to make our son happy, again.

Comment

Working...
                    X