AMDGPU LRU Bulk Move Patches Yielding OpenCL & Vulkan Performance Boosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU LRU Bulk Move Patches Yielding OpenCL & Vulkan Performance Boosts

Phoronix: AMDGPU LRU Bulk Move Patches Yielding OpenCL & Vulkan Performance Boosts

AMD's Huang Rui and Christian Konig are working on LRU bulk move functionality that can yield performance improvements for Vulkan and OpenCL workloads...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-LRU-Bulk-Move

It's only ~300 LoC and is a very significant improvement comparing to its size, Can't it be back-ported to older kernels?

Comment

This sounds really cool.

Comment

Nice improvement. I would wish it is possible to get this in the 4.19 kernel, because it will become the next LTS Kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pranos View Post
          Nice improvement. I would wish it is possible to get this in the 4.19 kernel, because it will become the next LTS Kernel.
          Too late really with DRM-Next effectively being closed now for new 4.19 features.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

We need more Vulkan benchmarks, because thats almost an 11% boost in fps by my math. Pretty significant. Shame it's missed the merge window for 4.19.

Comment

Nice to hear this! This should close the gap to nvidia by another good margin

Comment

I'm pretty sure the original number was a regression, and the subsequent fix for the regression number is the baseline, and the next number is the improvement.

Comment

I will wait for the test from Phoronix.

Comment

Typo: K├Ânig

Comment

Working...
                    X