No announcement yet.

VKGL: An Effort For OpenGL Core Profile Support Over Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, lately they've been pretty bad and getting worse (in my opinion obv), but I said that many times before it's one of the reasons I gave up on them (as in not even touch a Windows OS anymore after 7, without a VM, for personal use, side-by-side with Linux).

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post

Every single GPU computing application in the world is or will use OpenCL/CUDA...

Metal Performance Shaders are dead with sub 1 percent marketshare and GPU computing on macOS is/will be a complete joke compared to Windows and Linux.

Dream on.
      I hope I am right...
      Last edited by tildearrow; 06 August 2018, 04:29 PM. Reason: starship

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I hope I am right...
        CUDA is a thing, much more than OpenCL, but the overall message does not change.

Comment

Apple's primary iOS implementation of OpenGL ES is a shim on top of Metal (though funny enough, IIRC performs much worse than MoltenGL).

Maybe at some point Mesa is flensed of platform-specific OpenGL drivers, and they're replaced with generic frontends (but with some new extensions to expose popular vendor-specific features through Vulkan to reach those OpenGL frontends).

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
            Apple's primary iOS implementation of OpenGL ES is a shim on top of Metal (though funny enough, IIRC performs much worse than MoltenGL).
            Just like Apple's OpenGL performed like garbage..... hmmmmm...... that's completely unrelated, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
            X