No announcement yet.

MoltenVK Gets Patches To Workaround iOS API Issue, App Store Rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Apple graphics team were helpful, why can't Apple provide normal Vulkan support to begin with? Who is making such dumb decisions in their management?

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
      Do you remember what happened when Microsoft bought Github? So you can imagine what would happened in case you described Not even talking about all the stuff that will be written in comments here.
      Well, Apples funding accelerated LLVM and Webkit (their fork from KHTML). Don't know what else, but not everything they touch turns to stone

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
        Well, Apples funding accelerated LLVM and Webkit (their fork from KHTML). Don't know what else, but not everything they touch turns to stone
        Also they are developing CUPS.

I'm not saying anything bad about Apple (actually I use macOS & iOS myself) but you know how many haters are around there

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          So if Apple graphics team were helpful, why can't Apple provide normal Vulkan support to begin with? Who is making such dumb decisions in their management?
          I agree, but if they are fine with MoltenVK then that is more than I ever expected from Apple. Maybe the company is changing... Microsoft did.

EDIT: Oh jeeze I took myself seriously for a second there.

Comment

Apple might seem to be very arrogant and overestimating themselves heavily.
            But I doubt that they are imbeciles. In their dreams they might have gotten many exclusive Metal apps who help them vendor-lock-in people to their platform but they surely noticed that their platform benefits from MoltenVK massively. They are a minority just as we are and any limitations are bad for business.
            When they would even fight this there would be shit hurricanes by disappointed Apple fans who can't use their apps and games anymore.

I do not believe there is any vendor who does well fighting such layers that break their vendor locks. That's only a one way ticket.

Comment

Or people who have MS shares they also have Apple shares and they boycott Vulkan where they can.

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
                I find it seriously baffling that you still manage to put a bad spin on this even though one of the involved developers explicitly said that Apple helped. You just need someone to hate, don't you?
                Chill out man. I was only half serious. Obviously, I don't know their actual intent, but the fact they don't support Vulkan is still fishy so...

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                  They are a minority just as we are and any limitations are bad for business.
                  Nintendo got that, and support Vulkan on Switch. But Apple didn't get it.

Comment

we have uncovered bugs in HLSL->GLSL->SPIR-V->MSL together which should help make the entire graphics ecosystem stronger
                    we have uncovered bugs in Ethernet→USB→Thunderbolt together which should help make the entire network ecosystem stronger

Comment

Originally posted by illwieckz View Post

we have uncovered bugs in Ethernet→USB→Thunderbolt together which should help make the entire network ecosystem stronger
                      But what does it mean????

What does anything mean!

Comment

Working...
                      X