Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DXVK 0.60 Released With Support For 64-Bit Floating Point Instructions, Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 0.60 Released With Support For 64-Bit Floating Point Instructions, Optimizations

Phoronix: DXVK 0.60 Released With Support For 64-Bit Floating Point Instructions, Optimizations

DXVK 0.60 is now available as the newest feature release for this translation layer that allows Direct3D 11 games running on Wine to be mapped to Vulkan rather than Wine's default OpenGL translation layer. With DXVK 0.60 there are more performance optimizations and other feature additions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome. Can't wait to try it with FrostPunk.

Comment

Maybe ELEX will be working little better with this version. Just have to wait when mesa from Padoka PPA will be working again (mesa from this PPA is broken since 1-2 weeks) to run a comparison Ubuntu vs. Windows in this game.

Comment

I love DXVK, as finally Everquest works compared to default dll's. It seems the original dll's from wine aren't validated properly.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
          Maybe ELEX will be working little better with this version.
          ELEX seems to be broken with wine 3.10. That said, you'll probably want to run a relatively up-to-date Mesa, radv used to have a bug causing major visual issues in that game.

Comment

DXVK is great, but still on par with the opengl pga-patches last time i tried. Both gives awesome performance, to the point where I have stopped dual booting and just game under linux instead. Sure it's still a performance hit, but very playable and getting better by the day . Loving the quick progress.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
              ELEX seems to be broken with wine 3.10. That said, you'll probably want to run a relatively up-to-date Mesa, radv used to have a bug causing major visual issues in that game.
              Thanks, I didn't know that ELEX doesn't work in this wine version. Padoka PPA use mesa from git and it's updated 1-2 in a week, so should be ok when will be working again.

Comment

nadro you could try if it works for you with 3.10, but i didn't have any luck with it so far (was working flawlessly in 3.9 non-staging).

Comment

VikingGe
                  I'll try, however I'm not sure when, because I'm not able to run Ubuntu with mesa from git (both Padoka and Oibaf PPAs are broken) and I don't want to test it with old mesa version due to a rendering issues and worse performance. I hope that AMD will fix their official Vulkan driver, so I'll be able to run test DXVK vs native directly on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
                    Maybe ELEX will be working little better with this version. Just have to wait when mesa from Padoka PPA will be working again (mesa from this PPA is broken since 1-2 weeks) to run a comparison Ubuntu vs. Windows in this game.
                    If it's the same issue I had a week or two ago with Oibaf's, then the issue I believe lies in a change in how the shared libraries are divided among packages.

The problem I had was that the package libwayland-egl1-mesa has basically been deprecated in favor of libwayland-egl1, but I couldn't install the new package without removing the old one and causing all kinds of dependency issues with egl-driven software no longer working (not to mention games).

So what I had to do was replace the package libwayland-egl1-mesa with a dummy package created with equivs-control + equivs-build (to prevent half my system from getting uninstalled) and then install the new package. Minor inconvenience is having to recreate the dummy package each time a new graphics driver releases, but it works atleast.

YMMV, though I don't even know if it was the same issue for you.

edit: Err, after reading your posts from the previous DXVK update, it's probably unrelated. But I'll leave this info here incase someone else wants to chime in and correct me if I'm spouting nonsense.
                    Last edited by randomsalad; 25 June 2018, 05:19 PM. Reason: Called out the wrong package name before. The package that replaces it is libwayland-egl1 as provided by the wayland source package.

Comment

Working...
                    X