Clear All

• Kavalor
    replied
    Yes that would both be nice.

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by gukin View Post
    I believe that Philip's contribution to WINE will be a critical path to bringing more gaming to Linux. Bravo Mr. Rebohle, and thank you for all you do, your efforts are appreciated.
    I certainly can believe that.

I think the next steps would be:
    • Valve to auto package the games with a wine runtime with flatpak (or snap et al) so the windows games "just run". I am sure there would need to be a feedback thing where Linux users could say "Yes, this worked", "No it didn't"
    • Gog to release their Gog Galaxy for Linux with wrapped windows games support (the same way they do for dosbox)

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    Prey 2017 didn't work for 0.53 but it's much better than native for 0.54. Crysis 3 works well too. For whatever reason Origin has a bunch of DX11 stuff that flashes and blinks and eventually crashes the GPU on my 2400G. DXVK just handles it without issue or glitch.

I compile his stuff from source and seeing his instructions and how he's integrated his libraries into winecfg is . . . well, impressive. Mr. Rebohle is charging along at a very swift pace. Sure I compile llvm, kernel 2.16.xx and mesa 18.x.x from source but Philip is cranking this stuff, GOOD STUFF, out every week. It's humbling to see his progression from week to week. I believe that Philip's contribution to WINE will be a critical path to bringing more gaming to Linux. Bravo Mr. Rebohle, and thank you for all you do, your efforts are appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Performance increase is even bigger for Vega.

Screenshots at 1920x1200, Vega 56:

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by ruthan View Post
    I would like to see more Wine benchmarks and also some Wine vs Windows benchmarks, maybe even MacOS for some title, i would bet that Wine would be sometimes better than MacOS.
    More Wine benchmarks may be coming soon... One of the Wine GSoC students focusing on performance testing is using PTS as part of his work and I've been in communication with him. So once we get PTS Wine support with more tests, then, yes, I will be doing more Wine tests on Phoronix.com.

Leave a comment:

• ruthan
    replied
    I would like to see more Wine benchmarks and also some Wine vs Windows benchmarks, maybe even MacOS for some title, i would bet that Wine would be sometimes better than MacOS.

Leave a comment:

• DXVK 0.54 Brings Better AMD Performance, Improved GPU Utilization

Phoronix: DXVK 0.54 Brings Better AMD Performance, Improved GPU Utilization

DXVK 0.54 is available today as the latest version of this Direct3D-11-over-Vulkan translation layer to benefit Wine gamers looking to enjoy faster D3D11 gaming performance on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X