Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPSSPP Adds Vulkan On Linux Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PPSSPP Adds Vulkan On Linux Support

    Phoronix: PPSSPP Adds Vulkan On Linux Support

    The PPSSPP emulator project allowing Sony PSP games to be played on multiple platforms has now added Vulkan support on Linux...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...P-Vulkan-Linux

  • #2
    Typo:

    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    there is also GPU command intepreter performance improvements
    (I might be wrong about the first one, but it's talking about many)

    Comment


    • #3
      I started using PPSSPP two weeks ago. Such an amazing emulator, highly recommend. The graphics are literally current gen on God Of War, Twisted Metal, and Grand Theft Auto.

      Excited for the Vulkan support.

      edit: In case no one believes me: https://i.imgur.com/YTvvBZ4.jpg
      Last edited by perpetually high; 06-04-2018, 02:08 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Their PPA doesn't support 18.04

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
          I started using PPSSPP two weeks ago. Such an amazing emulator, highly recommend. The graphics are literally current gen on God Of War, Twisted Metal, and Grand Theft Auto.

          Excited for the Vulkan support.

          edit: In case no one believes me: https://i.imgur.com/YTvvBZ4.jpg
          Well... current gen... no... this is a graphic level from year 2002-2005. GameCube/PS2 level. It does not look bad but it is everything but "current gen".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tichun View Post
            Their PPA doesn't support 18.04
            Try use retrogames ppa in my case works

            However vulkan have issues

            Various issues stay in 1.7.0 development for solved case resize windowed using vulkan

            But in middle of this, them add opengl multithreading acccording devs this shows performance improvement

            OpenGL backend now properly multithreaded, giving a
            good speed boost.


            In my case stay running good



            System Specs Used in Test

            Nvidia Drivers 396.24 (run package from nvidia drivers homepage)

            Xubuntu 18.04 x64 - Kernel 4.15.0-22 generic (ubuntu mainline) -
            CPUFreq: Performance

            CPU: Core i3 8350K Tri-Core (Coffelake 14nm) 5.0Ghz +
            CoolerMaster Hyper T4

            MEMORY: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz (4x2) Mushkin (dual channel: 37.5
            gb/s)

            GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 OC (GP107 14nm: 640
            Shaders / 40 TMUS / 32 ROPS) Windforce 2GB DDR5 7000Mhz
            128Bit (110Gb/s)

            MAINBOARD: ASUS Z370-P
            ​​​​​​​

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post

              Well... current gen... no... this is a graphic level from year 2002-2005. GameCube/PS2 level. It does not look bad but it is everything but "current gen".
              Yeah fair enough. For me graphics have reached a certain point where I don't care anymore, it's "nice" enough for me to really enjoy the game. To each their own on that opinion though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tichun View Post
                Their PPA doesn't support 18.04
                Their daily PPA works great on 18.04, not sure which one you're using. To install:

                Code:
                $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ppsspp/testing
                $ sudo apt update
                $ sudo apt install ppsspp

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
                  Their daily PPA works great on 18.04, not sure which one you're using
                  Hmm.. the stable one?
                  Anyway, I downloaded from there: https://build.ppsspp.org/?page/downloads#linux

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    vulkan support has been there for a while, in fact ive been using it, today it is just the first stable release containig it

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X