DXVK 0.41 Released, Slightly More CPU Efficient & Offers A Heads-Up Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 0.41 Released, Slightly More CPU Efficient & Offers A Heads-Up Display

Phoronix: DXVK 0.41 Released, Slightly More CPU Efficient & Offers A Heads-Up Display

DXVK 0.41 is now available as the library for Wine users to have Direct3D 11 implemented over Vulkan for generally allowing higher performance than Wine's own D3D11-over-OpenGL layer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The development speed of DXVK is insanely fast. I wonder how they do this, given that D3D11 is a rather huge API.

Comment

"they"

Comment

Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
        The development speed of DXVK is insanely fast. I wonder how they do this, given that D3D11 is a rather huge API.
        They already have the ingestion of the shader code for OpenGL - they can reuse that and have it spit out SPIR-V
        They already have the DX11 -> OpenGL experience.

This would explain a good part of it

Comment

DXVK could be a game changer for Linux.
          Most people don't care for politics and rather just be able to PLAY their games at decent performance level so this could pull some windows gamers towards linux whom want a change or wish to get away from the annoying Microsoft echo-system, and IMO that is a good thing because the more people on Linux the more likely we will see native ports, but you need stuff like DXVK to attract the population first.

Comment

Originally posted by kiffmet View Post
            It probably helps to go from a low-level concept to a high-level concept rather than trying to translate two similar-level concepts that are never quite the same.

Comment

Would love to try this out on Bioshock Remastered, already playable using staging for me, though it stutters sometimes. Compiling this on gentoo seems like a trek, this weekend..

Comment

I simply cannot get the HUD to work. No idea where i have to put in the ENV.

If only Frontier would ditch their damn .net Framework dependency for their launcher...

Comment

Originally posted by Nexusband View Post
                  I simply cannot get the HUD to work. No idea where i have to put in the ENV.

If only Frontier would ditch their damn .net Framework dependency for their launcher...
                  Anywhere? You could put it in your user's profile, or in the shell you launch WINE from... basically anywhere within the environment you're launching wine out of.

I usually just do 'DXVK_HUD=1 wine ./Steam.exe' so that I can turn it on and off without having to edit my profile.

Comment

I've Wine3.5 staging on Ubuntu so it seems I need mingw64? Why? How to install glslang. Curious about Flight Sim World DX11 app.
                    Last edited by mike44; 06 April 2018, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X