Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Wine Vulkan Code Goes Mainline, Hits First Milestone

Phoronix: More Wine Vulkan Code Goes Mainline, Hits First Milestone

The latest work by Roderick Colenbrander on "winevulkan" was merged to mainline Wine Git on Friday and also marks their first self-appointed milestone in bringing up Vulkan API support within Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And this wine-vulkan is needed for DXVK support, so one thing less to worry about if you wants to try DXVK.

Comment

So, is this enough for DXVK?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
        And this wine-vulkan is needed for DXVK support, so one thing less to worry about if you wants to try DXVK.
        Yep and DXVK is looking really good already. Seeing Fallout 4 run mostly at 60fps is something and Witcher 3 is making big strides. Thoroughly impressed with his fast the progress has been with that project.

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post
          So, is this enough for DXVK?
          You should have followed the link i posted.

Requirements:
          • wine-vulkan for Vulkan support
          • Meson build system (at least 0.43)
          • MinGW64 compiler and headers (requires threading support)
          • glslang front end and validator

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
            You should have followed the link i posted.

Requirements:
            • wine-vulkan for Vulkan support
            • Meson build system (at least 0.43)
            • MinGW64 compiler and headers (requires threading support)
            • glslang front end and validator
            That doesn't answer whether the recently committed changes are enough for DXVK.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtufbox

Been lurking for years, but finally registered to say... Yes...yes it is. I just compiled wine to test it, and yeah it works, as long as installing the vulkan SDK as per wine-vulkan.
              No, the current patches in main Wine are not sufficient to run anything besides vulkaninfo. You need to use my wine-vulkan branch for the time being (though I track regular Wine closely). Roughly half of my patches are in main Wine, it will probably take until Wine 3.5 or maybe Wine 3.4 if things go well this week for the bulk to be integrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post

No, the current patches in main Wine are not sufficient to run anything besides vulkaninfo. You need to use my wine-vulkan branch for the time being (though I track regular Wine closely). Roughly half of my patches are in main Wine, it will probably take until Wine 3.5 or maybe Wine 3.4 if things go well this week for the bulk to be integrated.
                I realised shortly after posting, that during my testing I got mixed up with which version of wine I was testing. You're quite correct (as you should be, being the maker of wine-vulkan lol) what I had mistakenly done was run under the wine-staging-pba 3.3 build that I'd installed the vulkan stuff from staging 2.21 into (which does work) toooo many wine versions!
                I'd edit my original post but...don't know how.

Comment

Working...
                X