No announcement yet.

With Vulkan 1.1 It's Technically Possible To Write A Pure Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Vulkan 1.1 It's Technically Possible To Write A Pure Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: With Vulkan 1.1 It's Technically Possible To Write A Pure Wayland Compositor

With Vulkan 1.1 it should be technically possible to write a driver/vendor-agnostic Wayland compositor using Vulkan thanks to the new core extensions...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...and-Compositor

vulkan is a really awesome api

Comment

And it shall be written in rust

Comment

thanks Michael ! , if not for this article probably would have known my question had been answered in like six months

Comment

is time to start discussing the deprecation of opengl ( in addition to open cl which khronos had already been planning ) then . How are translation layers from this apis to vulkan going ?
          Last edited by GunpowaderGuy; 03-08-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bachchain View Post
            And it shall be written in rust
            why ?

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
              is time to start discussing the deprecation of opengl ( in addition to open cl which khronos had already been planning ) then . How are translation layers from this apis to vulkan going ?
              May I ask for a source for the claim that OpenCL is going to be deprecated?

Comment

I assume that this is one of the most astonishing news of this year about the good process of evolution on graphical linux environment.

Comment

May vulkan developers make a wayland/vulkan compositor?

Comment

Yes.. YES! All hail vulkan!

Even if it needs two code paths, it's supported by all hardware vendors, whereas EGLStream is almost only NVidia AFAIK.

Comment

Working...
                    X