DXVK 0.31 Released With Tessellation Work, NVIDIA Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
    Does "Kepler cards (GTX 600 and 700 series) do not expose feature level 11_0" mean that Kepler users can't run D3D11 apps under DXVK?
    Witcher 3 works with my custom build (commented out enabled.shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat = VK_TRUE in d3d11_device.cpp). The only glitch I came across is geometry exploding sometimes. The same with Skyrim SE. Haven't tried other games yet.

Comment

Does "Kepler cards (GTX 600 and 700 series) do not expose feature level 11_0" mean that Kepler users can't run D3D11 apps under DXVK?
      Games I tried (Witcher 3 and Skyrim SE) work fine if you comment out enabled.shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat = VK_TRUE; in d3d11_device.cpp. The only glitch I came across is geometry exploding sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
        Keplers are old enough now that it'd be odd to buy one for something that wasnt a "older game playing" machine
        Not everyone buys GPU's for use with typical games, I bought mine one year ago for use in simulation software.
        Last edited by AdamOne; 09 March 2018, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Now I want to try dxvk.
          Can somenone confirm my setup method and answer my questions below?

github says
          Code:
          cd /your/dxvk/directory/bin
          WINEPREFIX=/your/wineprefix bash setup_dxvk.sh
          I read up on wineprefixes and did

Code:
          WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan winecfg #to check if it has its own settings
          cd /usr/lib/dxvk/lib64/
          WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan sh setup_dxvk.sh
          WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan winecfg #to check if it has the 2 additional dll's
          I then tried to install steam within the new prefix, however:
          Code:
          WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan ./SteamSetup.exe
          bash: ./SteamSetup.exe: Can not execute the binary file: Error in the format of the program file
          Some questions remain
          - Is steam installable with dxvk yet? If not, how do I install steam-games within the new prefix?
          - Whats this dxvk binary for? /usr/bin/winedxvk64 - can´t I just use it instead of the extra prefix?
          - Can I play d3d9 games with the dxvk-prefix and will they use vulkan or opengl?
          - Can I acitivate gallium9 safely within dxvk-prefix and will this override dxvk for d3d9 games?
          Last edited by tomtomme; 09 March 2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            Now I want to try dxvk.
            Can somenone confirm my setup method and answer my questions below?

github says
            Code:
            cd /your/dxvk/directory/bin
            WINEPREFIX=/your/wineprefix bash setup_dxvk.sh
            I read up on wineprefixes and did

Code:
            WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan winecfg #to check if it has its own settings
            cd /usr/lib/dxvk/lib64/
            WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan sh setup_dxvk.sh
            WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan winecfg #to check if it has the 2 additional dll's
            You'll need to do that for both 64-bit and 32-bit DXVK so it replaces both 64 and 32 bit wined3d d3d11 dlls.

I then tried to install steam within the new prefix, however:
            Code:
            WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan ./SteamSetup.exe
            bash: ./SteamSetup.exe: Can not execute the binary file: Error in the format of the program file

Some questions remain
            - Is steam installable with dxvk yet? If not, how do I install steam-games within the new prefix?
            You are trying to run SteamSetup.exe as a shell script. You need to run it with wine:

Code:
            WINEPREFIX=~/.winevulkan wine ./SteamSetup.exe
            In case it didn't work with DXVK, you can always install the games in the prefix before enabling DXVK for it; or disabling it for the installation then enabling it.

Also, keep in mind that DXVK is not compatible with the Steam overlay.

- Whats this dxvk binary for? /usr/bin/winedxvk64 - can´t I just use it instead of the extra prefix?
            That is not part of DXVK. No idea what it's from. What it your distro? how did you install DXVK?

- Can I play d3d9 games with the dxvk-prefix and will they use vulkan or opengl?
            d3d9 is unaffected by DXVK, it only replaces d3d10/d3d11, so d3d9 will be rendered with OpenGL

- Can I acitivate gallium9 safely within dxvk-prefix and will this override dxvk for d3d9 games?

As stated above, DXVK doesn't touch d3d9, so yes, you can run both gallium-nine and DXVK in the same prefix without any conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post

You'll need to do that for both 64-bit and 32-bit DXVK so it replaces both 64 and 32 bit wined3d d3d11 dlls.
              Why? I thought dxvk is 64 bit only.
              And how would I do that?

You are trying to run SteamSetup.exe as a shell script. You need to run it with wine:
              understood, thanks.
              If I already have a steam-wine installation with some games - is there any way I can use that with the new prefix (like just linking the steamapps folder), or do I have to install steam and those games again within the new prefix no matter what?

That is not part of DXVK. No idea what it's from. What it your distro? how did you install DXVK?
              opensuse tumbleweed through this obs repo:

The file definitely belongs to this package. I checked within yast but its documented nowhere.

thanks for all the additional info. the docs are quite sparse for this young project.
              Last edited by tomtomme; 09 March 2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Why? I thought dxvk is 64 bit only.
                And how would I do that?

understood, thanks.
                If I already have a steam-wine installation with some games - is there any way I can use that with the new prefix (like just linking the steamapps folder), or do I have to install steam and those games again within the new prefix no matter what?

opensuse tumbleweed through this obs repo:

The file definitely belongs to this package. I checked within yast but its documented nowhere.

thanks for all the additional info. the docs are quite sparse for this young project.
                I don't how is that package built.

You can build DXVK for 64 bit, and it will work for 64 bit Windows apps.

For 32-bit Windows apps you need t build it for 32-bit. It's easy and it's in the documentation.

Maybe the package you have installed is just the 64bit version? Contact the package maintainer for more info on that.

From a quick glance at the .spec file, it looks like the file in /usr/bin is just a link to setup_dxvk.sh, and that the 32bit and 64bit versions are built as independent packages.

You can use DXVK with an existing prefix. Just call the setup scripts and that's it.

Also make sure you have Vulkan working in that prefix too; setting up wine-vulkan is a bit tricky.

Comment

Which wine supports DirectX 10 better wine 3.3 or DXVK? I want to play Arma 3 and according official requirements one can get away with Dx10.
                  Arma 3 Minimum and Recommended requirements to play.

Comment

Originally posted by 131313 View Post
                    Witcher 3 works with my custom build (commented out enabled.shaderStorageImageReadWithoutFormat = VK_TRUE in d3d11_device.cpp). The only glitch I came across is geometry exploding sometimes. The same with Skyrim SE. Haven't tried other games yet.
                    And this variable one sets before building? Just have to double check =D

Comment

Which wine supports DirectX 10 better wine 3.3 or DXVK? I want to play Arma 3 and according official requirements one can get away with Dx10.
                      https://arma3.com/requirements
                      DXVK is not a wine. It can actually be used on Windows, too.

In general wined3d (Wine's implementation) is more complete, but in some cases DXVK works better.
                      Whenever DXVK works, it has a lower CPU impact than wined3d.

Comment

Working...
                      X