Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 0.31 Released With Tessellation Work, NVIDIA Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 0.31 Released With Tessellation Work, NVIDIA Fixes

The DXVK project that has been making significant progress the past several months in getting Direct3D accelerated via Vulkan for Wine gamers now has a new release available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Specs:Motherboard : GIGABYTE Z97M-DS3HCPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 4.7GHz RAM: 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G OS: Arch Linux/WM: i3-ga...

Comment

Does "Kepler cards (GTX 600 and 700 series) do not expose feature level 11_0" mean that Kepler users can't run D3D11 apps under DXVK?
      Hmm, ok have some material to read now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Featur...ls_in_Direct3D

Comment

Is there some good overlay framerate meter for Vulkan drivers (I guess a loadable layer)?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
          Does "Kepler cards (GTX 600 and 700 series) do not expose feature level 11_0" mean that Kepler users can't run D3D11 apps under DXVK?
          In practice, yes, although you might get lucky with some games that do not require the full 11.0 feature set (such as GTA V - then again, GTA V does not yet work on DXVK). The problem is that implementing some D3D features somewhat efficiently requires Vulkan features that the Kepler GPUs (and sadly, most Intel GPUs) do not support.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Is there some good overlay framerate meter for Vulkan drivers (I guess a loadable layer)?
          None that I'm aware of. I actually tried to implement one at some point, but gave because the documentation was terrible and it was more or less impossible to debug, so I just added a minimal HUD to DXVK instead which displays the frame rate.

Maybe someone cat give that layer thing another shot though, now that LunarG have released their layer framework which should hopefully make those things less painful.
          Last edited by VikingGe; 08 March 2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
            In practice, yes, although you might get lucky with some games that do not require the full 11.0 feature set (such as GTA V - then again, GTA V does not yet work on DXVK). The problem is that implementing some D3D features somewhat efficiently requires Vulkan features that the Kepler GPUs (and sadly, most Intel GPUs) do not support.

None that I'm aware of. I actually tried to implement one at some point, but gave because the documentation was terrible and it was more or less impossible to debug, so I just added a minimal HUD to DXVK instead which displays the frame rate.

Maybe someone cat give that layer thing another shot though, now that LunarG have released their layer framework which should hopefully make those things less painful.
            i5-4690KRX 580 4GBmesa 17.3.5vulkan 1.0.57wine-staging-2.21DXVK nightly, commit 82fc851 (Release .21 was crashing right after launch for me)All visual settin...

i5-4690K RX 580 4GB mesa 17.3.5 vulkan 1.0.57 wine-staging-2.21 DXVK nightly, commit 82fc851 (Release .21 was crashing right after launch for me) All visual ...

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              What I mean is that you can't actually play the game yet without workarounds, frequent crashes, and severe visual issues. Yes, it sort of runs if you're lucky, but it's not going to be a great experience.

Comment

LunarG have something called VK_LAYER_LUNARG_monitor, which supposedly should display framerate "in the applications title bar" (do they mean window title bar?). So far I didn't mange to get anything out of it. Probably worth reading the code.
                Last edited by shmerl; 08 March 2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

They should tell ppl that before you buy a Kepler. If i had known I woulda never'v bought it.

Comment

Keplers are old enough now that it'd be odd to buy one for something that wasnt a "older game playing" machine

Comment

Working...
                    X