No announcement yet.

Rostkatze: Vulkan Over Direct3D 12 With C++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironic how this increases the appeal of vulkano more than that of the project this is part of

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post

Xbox One.
      +1

As someone earlier mentioned, faulty implementation of driver on windows discourages devs from using Vulkan. So... More options to run Vulkan on, better it is over all.

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
        Ironic how this increases the appeal of vulkano more than that of the project this is part of
        ? how?

Comment

While most Windows systems have Vulkan driver support, this could be useful in cases where the D3D12 driver is higher quality

Hope it won't , because that would be terrible.

Comment

For X-Box and MS store. MS store only accepts DX I've heard?

Comment

Originally posted by ssorgatem View Post

? how?
              He's referring to gfx-rs(Rust project that abstracts graphics APIs) and vulkano(Rust project for using Vulkan). Both make using graphic APIs easier to work with if you use Rust.

I assume he is pointing out that making Vulkan more available, makes Vulkano more useful/desirable to use over gfx-rs(which the article mentions the dev is a part of) crate.

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
                For X-Box and MS store. MS store only accepts DX I've heard?
                Microsoft wants to turn Xbox and Pc gaming into a subscription service like netflix for $10 a month people get 100 games. Source microsoft store :

"Play Sea of Thieves at release on March 20, 2018, with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold (sold separately). Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 great games for one low monthly price. With new games added every month, you’ll always have something new to play."

I don't even know what to say...

Comment

While I like C++, it's questionable when it comes to such wrappers. Would it be easy to bind to it from other languages? IMHO C or even Rust make more sense for it, since you can bind to them from any language with relative ease.
                  Last edited by shmerl; 01 March 2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
                    I assume he is pointing out that making Vulkan more available, makes Vulkano more useful/desirable to use over gfx-rs(which the article mentions the dev is a part of) crate.
                    Yep. vulkano makes more sense if we assume Vulkan should be the universal target.

Comment

You know what else is ironic ? If mozilla shifts their plans towards using vulkan more directly for gpu acceleration , which is practical now , they would end up with less unsafe code ( gfx-rs isn't safe anymore but vulkano is )
                      Last edited by GunpowaderGuy; 01 March 2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X