No announcement yet.

RADV Vulkan Driver Improvements Coming For Wolfenstein 2 On Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvements for 1year old game. Fixing bugs on Vega about year after Vega hits shelves. And then "FU-nvidia" guys will tell us about great opensource drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
      Improvements for 1year old game. Fixing bugs on Vega about year after Vega hits shelves. And then "FU-nvidia" guys will tell us about great opensource drivers.
      Really its late October 2018 already?

Comment

Originally posted by gurv View Post
        I'm bewildered by comments like "gaming on Linux is at best something for Linux enthusiasts" or "gaming on it is fubar since day 1".
        Do you people know that gaming doesn't necessarily mean running the latest AAA game on day 1?
        I've gifted a PC with Linux Mint to my nephews and they seem very happy playing Civ V, Rocket League, Stardew Valley etc.
        And as far as problems running games go, you have it on Windows too (especially on Windows 10, from what I read on forums): it's part of the PC experience.
        If you want a trouble-free experience, that's what consoles are for after all.
        WERE for. They're garbage now; incredibly massive downloads on same-day releases. AFTER you've signed up for an account online which then goes and updates your OS and core apps. A lot of people want a console for simplicities sake, but I've got mates who all threw there's away just to save their nephews and nieces the pain of dealing with those caveats, and the always on nature of a 'simple' console.

Honestly, in my humble opinion, if you play console these days thinking it's too hard/expensive for a PC , you're a little bit weird.
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post

Really its late October 2018 already?
          Ok, half of an year. Big differense.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
            Ok, half of an year. Big differense.
            4 Months is a third of a year actually

Comment

All said and done Linux is behind on the Windows drivers but is catching up quickly for recent AMD videocards.
              Does require bleeding edge xorg, mesa and so on.
              Truly caught up will be when all that is in stable repos.
              Big thanks to all involved as I look forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post
                No one ships this thing, which means those who use it, use it by choice.
                Adjust your perspective
                See the "like 1" under your post? It was me. I'm myself a Linux only user and I agree with everything you said, despite being the opposite of what I said before. Thanks for your point of view, I had never looked at it that way. Now I also understand the meaning of the first post in this thread by oooverclocker .

Comment

Glad I could give you some food for thought

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

I'd modify that to "We could really use a game of this one's caliber on Linux" or something along those lines. The reason why is that I've decided to henceforth only pirate Bethesda games after they put a scene into that game where they essentially say that people who are against all political violence are all nazis. When people complained about it they kept it in the game and insisted at neither the game nor it's advertising was political while advertising the game using modified Trump campaign slogans calling Trump supporters nazis.

I dislike Trump and his followers as much as the next guy (had more than one heated debate about Trump's clueless stance on Net Neutrality and how retarded his wall plan is), but you can't call his followers nazis and at the same time claim you're not being political.
                    x2. The Trumpophobia is out of control these days. All this Nazi nonsense is little more than childish name-calling by addled minds who think a difference of opinion is equal to genocide.

Comment

Working...
                    X