Vulkan Continues To Show Its Gaming Strength On Low-End Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Michael

For next test if you dont have RX 560 2GB try test GTX 1050ti 4GB more adequate to compete RX 560 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
      @Michael

For next test if you dont have RX 560 2GB try test GTX 1050ti 4GB more adequate to compete RX 560 4GB

My GTX 1050 Ti is busy in my main production system and don't have a RX 560 2GB.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Grinness View Post

Maybe the CPU?

in the "Old" case: A6-7400K is a dual-core 3.5GHz part and for making sure it's less of a CPU bottleneck I overclocked it to 3.9GHz.
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In the "New" case: Ryzen 3 1200 quad-core at 3.1GHz (3.4GHz boost)
        Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There's also the matter of slower system memory with the older tests besides the CPU and other factors. Don't recall off hand either if any of the RADV fixes over the past few weeks would have impacted SS3BFE or if Croteam recently pushed out any game updates (one of my many gripes about having to benchmark with Steam is losing control over version locking). But long story short, there's a lot of hardware/software differences between those results.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
          AMD really needs to step up their vulkan game...
          That's not AMD's Vulkan driver, that one tested is radv. AMD's official Vulkan driver is called amdvlk and radv is currently outperforming it on several metrics. In fact radv is doing quite well indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There's also the matter of slower system memory with the older tests besides the CPU and other factors. Don't recall off hand either if any of the RADV fixes over the past few weeks would have impacted SS3BFE or if Croteam recently pushed out any game updates (one of my many gripes about having to benchmark with Steam is losing control over version locking). But long story short, there's a lot of hardware/software differences between those results.
            I agree.

On the other hand, having the CPU usage plot to compare the 2 set of performance graphs would have been useful to isolate some of the factors.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

My GTX 1050 Ti is busy in my main production system and don't have a RX 560 2GB.
              Easy put in your production system GTX 1050 2GB and could provide better tests

Comment

This test made me realise that it would be great to have a set of benchmarks to see how vulkan games performances scale up with a wide range of cpu.

Comment

Is a latest gen quad core CPU, 8GB RAM, 2 x SSD and latest gen >£100 discrete GPU classed as low-end hardware these days? Think I need to upgrade my machine :-/
                  ​​​​​

Comment

five awful games that will only interest teens. when will somebody grow a pair of balls with linux?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

... or reduce OpenGL performance a bit to make the results more comparable with NVidia's
                      I have 2 r9 Radeon 280x and I find it odd that the 285 gpu has amdgpu-pro support and the 280x is not listed for Amdgpu-pro.
                      My cards are supported with the Amd ProRenderer on windows and just curious as to why these cards are not supported with linux Amdgpu-pro driver?

Comment

Working...
                      X