Vulkan Continues To Show Its Gaming Strength On Low-End Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    but i'm sure your gtx 660 does not have amdgpu-pro driver either.
    you've got it backwards. linux does not produce amdgpu-pro or nvidia blobs, they are produced by hw vendors. and windows does not produce them either. linux comes with amd and nvidia drivers out of the box(amd one is better), windows comes without drivers out of the box. now vendors put more manpower into producing drivers for windows, because they have more customers from windows. i am typing this from 280x box with radeonsi and i don't use opencl in my production system, so everything works! and by everything i mean not "everything permitted by nvidia", i mean really everything, like wayland for example
    I apologize about the Linux is garbage comment. Linux kernel and mesa developers do some amazing work. Amdgpu is the kernel driver and Amdgpu-pro sits on top. There is issues with both with blender and enabling tripple buffering fixes this issue. Fglrx did not have this issue. I could be wrong but I remember Bridgman stating that fglrx had tripple buffer code and amdgpu did not. 280x with radeonsi does not have 'official' vulkan support. The gtx 660 has vulkan and hopefully I don't have to worry about wayland with kubuntu 16.0,4.3 lts until 2021.

Comment

Working...
    X