DXVK Begins Working For Even More D3D11-Over-Vulkan Games On Wine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etherman View Post
    How does performance compare with the gallium nine?
    I know nine is d3d9, but is the performance comparable?
    You have just as many translations involved (D3D / HLSL -> Winsys / TGSI or Vulkan / SPIRV)[with some NIR mixed in both] since Vulkan drivers bypass Gallium entirely. Whichever is faster, neither will be nearly as slow as OpenGL translation, and both can approach a direct bare metal driver (since neither Gallium or Vulkan are required to be stateful or validated).

That being said, Gallium Nine for one works rightt now, and for two the Gallium stack has been optimized as a generic target for APIs for a lot longer than the Vulkan drivers have had time to mature.

Edit: Hey look 1000th comment on here. 🎉

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
      WineHQ should also consider a leaner Api for D3D9-10-11 like GLES.
      9 has a dependancy on OGL 3.3 or 4, but they have state many times that they could only do 10 and 11 well with OGL 4.4 or above.

Comment

Hmm, seeing how most games seem to require mesa-git, I might give it a try with ESO with mesa-git.

Comment

Can someone give "The Turning Test" a try on this please?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
            Edit: Hey look 1000th comment on here. 🎉
            Untrue, it's 1001th comment! I can even provide a screenshot, but only if zanny gonna ask me personally.

Comment

What about 10 in this vulkan mix? Would that be part of the DX11 port process or how similiar is it to its neighbours 9 and 11?
              How does DirectX on Vulkan compare to what can be achieved by a gallium state tracker like gallium-nine if it were made for dx1-12?

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
                What about 10 in this vulkan mix? Would that be part of the DX11 port process or how similiar is it to its neighbours 9 and 11?
                It is a strict subset of D3D11 in many ways, but implementing it still isn't going to be an easy task since the interfaces and data structures used by 10 are different from those in 11. D3D9 is a fundamentally different API and has pretty much nothing in common with 10/11.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
                  It is a strict subset of D3D11 in many ways, but implementing it still isn't going to be an easy task since the interfaces and data structures used by 10 are different from those in 11. D3D9 is a fundamentally different API and has pretty much nothing in common with 10/11.
                  What about 8 and earlier? Would that be covered by D3D9 drivers?

Comment

I wonder why this is not oficially part of wine already.

Comment

Working...
                    X