Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK Begins Working For Even More D3D11-Over-Vulkan Games On Wine

Phoronix: DXVK Begins Working For Even More D3D11-Over-Vulkan Games On Wine

The progress is stunning made by a lone developer on the DXVK project for mapping the Direct3D 11 graphics API on top of Vulkan for allowing better performance/support for D3D11 games on Wine...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...XVK-More-Games

Has anyone tested Elite: Dangerous? I might have to try it out.

Comment

So impressive... I didn't use Wine a lot anymore, OpenGL and the bugs made me tired. But With DXVK there is a new hope on Linux.

Comment

How does performance compare with the gallium nine?
        I know nine is d3d9, but is the performance comparable?

Comment

Please keep in mind that these are just some games that randomly start to work somehow, but may still have issues. Other than Nier:Automata I'm still not sure if there's anything that's actually playable from start to finish (although I managed to get both Homefront and Tomb Raider 2013 to sort of work today as well, although both games need more testing and Tomb Raider may freeze the GPU when enabling certain options).

Comment

If you disable anti aliasing and shadows, Red Faction Armageddon is mostly playable. Still has some issues, sometimes parts of the screen turn black intermittently, but generally it runs quite well. dxvk is an amazing project and if it keeps progressing so fast, it won't take long until some real games will fully work.

Comment

WineHQ should also consider a leaner Api for D3D9-10-11 like GLES.

Comment

Slower CPU's should take advantage with this.

Comment

Yeah its looking good,

However with all DX to Linux solutions there is CPU usage/threading issues that need to be looked at, we can't all have single core 5-6ghz cpu's now can we!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    Yeah its looking good,

However with all DX to Linux solutions there is CPU usage/threading issues that need to be looked at, we can't all have single core 5-6ghz cpu's now can we!
                    Actually we can. 7350K + Z270 = 4.9Ghz at 1.375v.

Comment

Working...
                    X