Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DXVK Is Making Significant Progress In Implementing Direct3D 11 Over Vulkan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DXVK Is Making Significant Progress In Implementing Direct3D 11 Over Vulkan

    Phoronix: DXVK Is Making Significant Progress In Implementing Direct3D 11 Over Vulkan

    The DXVK project that started towards the end of 2017 for implementing Direct3D 11 over Vulkan with a focus on improving the D3D11 Wine support is already beginning to run some titles...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rking-With-VLK

  • #2
    Wow, this is outstanding....

    Comment


    • #3
      Looking forward to testing The Witcher 3 with it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Only imagine that the project is not even four months old. I don't now if Philip accepts donations, he seams to work full time on this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Very exciting!!! DXVK looks really promising for Wine gaming via Vulkan :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Wine devs: 9 years
            Some random dude: a few months.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eydee View Post
              Wine devs: 9 years
              Some random dude: a few months.
              To be fair, they didn't have Vulkan 9 years ago but I think you still have a point.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chewi View Post

                To be fair, they didn't have Vulkan 9 years ago but I think you still have a point.
                Yes, but it took them years to make their d3d11 -> GL wrapper

                Comment


                • #9
                  Vulkan as low level well defined api relative easy to implement by every vendor is becoming the base for other graphics apis! I hope to see a mesa GL implementation on top of vulkan that can be used on every graphics card regardless the vendor to become the standard for the games supporting opengl.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sp82 View Post
                    Vulkan as low level well defined api relative easy to implement by every vendor is becoming the base for other graphics apis! I hope to see a mesa GL implementation on top of vulkan that can be used on every graphics card regardless the vendor to become the standard for the games supporting opengl.
                    i would imagine that has some performance penalties of its own, but hey - if it works as as a valid alternative to radeonsi etc

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X