DXVK Is Making Significant Progress In Implementing Direct3D 11 Over Vulkan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK Is Making Significant Progress In Implementing Direct3D 11 Over Vulkan

Phoronix: DXVK Is Making Significant Progress In Implementing Direct3D 11 Over Vulkan

The DXVK project that started towards the end of 2017 for implementing Direct3D 11 over Vulkan with a focus on improving the D3D11 Wine support is already beginning to run some titles...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rking-With-VLK

Wow, this is outstanding....

Comment

Looking forward to testing The Witcher 3 with it.

Comment

Only imagine that the project is not even four months old. I don't now if Philip accepts donations, he seams to work full time on this.

Comment

Very exciting!!! DXVK looks really promising for Wine gaming via Vulkan :-)

Comment

Wine devs: 9 years
            Some random dude: a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              Wine devs: 9 years
              Some random dude: a few months.
              To be fair, they didn't have Vulkan 9 years ago but I think you still have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post

To be fair, they didn't have Vulkan 9 years ago but I think you still have a point.
                Yes, but it took them years to make their d3d11 -> GL wrapper

Comment

Vulkan as low level well defined api relative easy to implement by every vendor is becoming the base for other graphics apis! I hope to see a mesa GL implementation on top of vulkan that can be used on every graphics card regardless the vendor to become the standard for the games supporting opengl.

Comment

Originally posted by sp82 View Post
                    Vulkan as low level well defined api relative easy to implement by every vendor is becoming the base for other graphics apis! I hope to see a mesa GL implementation on top of vulkan that can be used on every graphics card regardless the vendor to become the standard for the games supporting opengl.
                    i would imagine that has some performance penalties of its own, but hey - if it works as as a valid alternative to radeonsi etc

Comment

Working...
                    X