No announcement yet.

Mesa 17.3 Officially Released: Nearly OpenGL 4.6, Better Vulkan Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW: Since Debian released 17.3 rc5 in Experimental to Debian Sid for proper 17.3 today it is COMPLETELY BROKEN on GNOME 3.26.2. The dreaded, ``Oops, Something went wrong,'' logout loop until a hard reboot, go into single user, change to console text boot, update-grub, systemctrl set-default mult-user.target hurdles, downgrade to 17.2.5 restore graphical target and grub prior states for a useable desktop once more.

Seeing as nothing worth a crap is listed anymore in Xorg logs I'll stick to 17.2.5 until Debian does their job and tests the product over its usual chroot ``worked for my system, ship it'' approach gets tossed out on its rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
      Did some testing on Serious Sam Fusion 2017 BFE yesterday which shows some great progress.

Ubuntu 17.10 stock Mesa 17.2.2: Decent OpenGL performance, Vulkan not working due to Mir patch
      Proposed repo Mesa 17.2.4: Same OpenGL perf, Vulkan now working but causes graphical glitches and slightly less perf than OGL.
      Padoka PPA Mesa 17.4git: Noticeably better OpenGL perf, Vulkan now working without glitches and is slightly faster than OGL

Don't remember the exact numbers, but 17.2 OGL was averaging around 84fps I think and my initial Vulkan testing was probably just below 80fps. With padoka OGL was just above 90fps while Vulkan was close to 100fps.

Ryzen 1700X
      32 GiB DDR4-2400
      R9 Fury
      I see the similar results on my Fury/FX8350 combo.. as for the graphical glitches with Vulkan & Serious Sam Fusion is it started with LLVM rc3. I first noticed it back at the end of June/July with Padoka's ppa but there were updates to too many other packages including SSF to know which one. When Oibaf added llvm 5 initially everything was fine up to rc3. Sadly I don't grok git fully to actually pinpoint the cause.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
      X